Janitor is often needed in certain buildings such as hotels, offices, hospitals, and many other buildings. A janitor is responsible for cleaning building areas, performing routine inspection, and many more. If you want to hire a janitor, you have to know well about the janitor job description. In this article, we will give you a reference that talks further about it. So, you have to pay attention to the following article.
Janitor Job Description Template
We are looking for a serious janitor for our buildings. A janitor has many important responsibilities like keeping and cleaning a building. Janitor is a good position in our company so that it is a good chance to have this job position. A janitor has great tasks so that it is important to know the responsibilities.
We are glad if you apply for this job position. We hope you can take care of our buildings & carry out cleaning, maintenance, as well as security duties. The main purpose is to keep our building clean and maintained well.
There are some responsibilities a janitor must understand. If you are interested in this position, firstly you have to understand its responsibilities. Here are the responsibilities for you if you are accepted to be our janitor:
- Cleaning & supplying building areas like restroom cleaning, cleaning ceiling vents, mopping, vacuuming, sweeping, dusting, etc
- Performing & documenting routine inspections & maintenance activities
- Carrying out heavy cleansing tasks & special projects
- Notifying management of deficiencies and needs for repairs
- Making adjustments & minor repairs
- Stocking & maintaining supply rooms
- Cooperating with staff
- Following all the regulations of health & safety
Not everyone can be a janitor. A janitor has to meet some requirements. So, anyone who wants to apply for this job position should meet the following requirements and qualifications related to education, skills, ability, etc:
- Proven experience as a janitor for one year or more
- High school degree or higher
- Integrity & ability of independent working
- Familiar with material safety data sheets
- Knowledge of cleaning supplies and chemicals
- Ability of handling heavy machinery and equipment
- Having a commitment to respect the contract
What does a janitor do in a certain building?
Many things become the tasks of a janitor. However, a janitor has some main tasks. For example, a janitor should keep and handle a building well. In different buildings, janitors will also have different tasks. In fact, there are many kinds of buildings such as hospitals, warehouses, offices, houses, etc.
Can I edit the posted janitor job description?
Yes, you can. In recruiting a new janitor, you will need to write the appropriate details you need including the responsibilities and requirements. Editing this job description is allowed. After you download this, you can edit all the details to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a janitor?
This web does not only provide the janitor job description. On this web, you can also find some samples of interview questions for those who apply for a janitor.
Description: Janitor job description should be explained well. This page provides the detailed job descriptions of a janitor including its responsibilities and requirements.
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- Landscaper Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Housekeeper Job Description for Best Recruitment
- Day Porter Job Description: What To Know To Become A Day Porter
- Maintenance Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description and FAQs
- Handyman Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- What You Need To Write In A Carpenter Job Description
- HVAC technician job description and its FAQs template
- 6+ Custodian Resume
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description – Skills And Requirements You Must Know
- Construction Laborer Job Description and Its FAQs
- Janitorial Supervisor Job Description – Understanding What To Prepare Before Making Application
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Graphic Designer Job Description Template and Its Requirements
- Maintenance Manager Job Description Template and Its Required Qualifications
- Accounting Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description: What To Know To Become A Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Framing Carpenter Job Description and Its FAQ
- Construction Worker Job Description and Its FAQs
- Laundry Attendant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Driver Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Bar Back Job Description and Its Requirements
- Automotive Technician Job Description and its role
- Information Security Analyst Job Description Sample Template
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties