If you are wondering who takes care of the shipment of the cargo the longshoreman is the one who handles this. They load and unload the goods to and from the vessels. The longshoreman is also known as the docker worker. You can read our short explanation about the longshoreman job description bellow.
The Responsibility Of A Longshoreman Job Description
The longshoreman has a long list of responsibilities you must know, which includes:
The docker worker is responsible for the general shore cargo management which includes tidying, clearing, cleaning all the debris on the working area. They are not only making sure the cleanliness of the working area but also making sure that safety is perfectly guaranteed and detect any potential hazard.
Performing Certain Procedures
Besides maintaining the working area, the docker worker must also perform certain procedures based on the instruction and plans. They have to prepare various preparation for cargo lifting. Operating certain equipments such as chainsaw to unsecured the cargo. Other equipment include tractors, forklifts, and cranes.
The longshoreman has to inform the supervisor about the damage on the cargo and another hazard that occurs. Other things to inform are the injury, property damage and illness.
The Requirements To Be A Longshoreman
To be a longshoreman, there are certain requirements that should be met which are in the following list.
- Background education – There is no specific education to be a longshoreman except has completed the physical examination, English proficiency certificate, and experience in the warehouse or dock industry.
- Skills – The skill required include ability to work under pressure and supervision and understand the procedure and instruction. The candidate must be able to work in shift including the public holidays. Besides, they have to be physically fit and have a good height as it will be about the physical job.
What’s A Longshoreman’s Job?
A longshoreman is responsible to load and unload the cargo and check all the goods whether there is some damage or not. They have to perform loading and unloading the cargo with various procedures to make sure it is safe.
What Do You Need To Pay Attention Before Writing The Longshoreman Job Description?
Before you decide to write the longshoreman job description, make sure you know well the tasks, responsibilities and skills required in this position. You have to pay attention to another factors such as the attitude of the candidates whether they are safety-minded, hard-working person etc. This is important so you can find the best candidate to work in your company.
What Are The General Tasks Of A Longshoreman?
A longshoreman has some responsibilities to do including loading and unloading cargo, checking the possible damage, and perform any instruction and signals. They have to perform certain procedures in handling the cargo.
A longshoreman has a big responsibility which they have to make sure all the goods are safely received and shipped. Make sure you write the longshoreman job description in a very detailed way so the candidate can upgrade the resume and make sure they will meet the requirements.
- Longshoreman Job Description – The Main Skills Required
- Warehouse Worker Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Ramp Agent Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Ramp Agent
- Material Handler Job Description and Various FAQs
- Warehouse Associate Job Description – What Are To Note Before Applying?
- Industrial Painter Job Description and FAQs
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Production Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Endoscopy Nurse Job Description – What Are The Main Requirements And Skills To Have?
- Truck Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Dental Hygienist Job Description – What Are The Requirements And Skills To Have?
- OTR Driver Job Description and its responsibilities
- General Laborer Job Description – Requirements and Skills You Must Have
- Daycare Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Lifeguard Job Description – What Requirements To Underline To Be A Successful Lifeguard
- Progressive Claims Adjuster Trainee Job Description – What To Know Before Posting The Job Description!
- Construction Worker Job Description and Its FAQs
- Packager Job Description and its FAQ
- EMT Job Description and FAQs Detail
- Hematologist Job Description – What To Prepare Before Applying
- CNC Operator Job Description – An Ultimate Guide To Post The Job Description
- Surgical Coordinator Job Description – What Are The Responsibilities To Know?
- Fulfillment Associate Job Description: Find More About The Requirements And Responsibilities Here
- Welding Inspector Job Description – What Should You Prepare Before Writing Your Application?
- Orthopedic Surgeon Job Description and its FAQ template
- Social Worker Job Description and its FAQ
- Lab Assistant Job Description and its FAQ
- Picker Job Description and its FAQs
- Receiving Clerk Job Description Template and Its Requirements
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs