A QA tester has an important role in the company or organization. They have the responsibility to check the new software product including the gaming system or mobile applications. Besides, QA tester also will run some tests on software to make sure that it meets all the standards and guidelines. Therefore, you need a QA tester job description to get the best candidate to work.
The QA tester job description template idea
Since a QA tester has an important role, you have to be careful to select the candidate for this job position. Therefore, you have to select the dedicated QA tester to responsible for designing and implementing the test plans to increase the usability of the product. Besides, they also will identify the issues and run the debugging the program as needed.
On another hand, a QA tester also will work with the development team to debug, code, error, and troubleshoot any issues with the software code.
If you want to be a successful QA tester, you need to be hard-working and also have strong working experience with software code. A top candidate for this job is experienced with testing methodologies and a team player.
The QA tester responsibilities
As a QA tester, you need to know some responsibilities to do in the job. Some QA tester responsibilities descriptions are:
- Check new and existing features, debug code and also report errors and failure
- Work together with the developing team to correct errors and take part in testing for the product release
- Design test plan, scenarios, scripts and also the procedures
- Performing the test on source code
- Analyze the test result and report to the development team
- Give feedback to the developers and product manager around UX based on the test outcomes
- Create a QA reports and file bug ticket suitable with the outcome of QA test cycles
- Execute front-end testing of website application using selenium and JMeter
- Make a test plan, requirements, scenarios, and check data for use during the testing
The QA tester requirements
Besides, you also need to know some requirements for a QA tester. The QA tester requirement descriptions are:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science
- A good working understanding of the test management software, programming, language, and QA methodologies
- Having more than 2 years’ experience in QA testing
- Great team working and critical thinking skills
- Extensive experience of a QA scripting language and coding unit
- Strong understanding of process metrics and manual testing
- Expert in mobile game testing and web application tests
The QA tester FAQ
What are the core skills for a QA tester job?
Suitable with the sample QA tester job description above, the QA tester has some core skills that should be known for the candidate. Some core skills for these job positions are problem-solving, attention to detail, teamwork, continuous learning, time management, and also flexibility.
How much is a QA tester salary?
Although the QA tester job description template is not talking about the salaries, the BLS state that a QA tester has a median annual salary. Of course, each member has different wages suitable with the responsibilities in the QA tester job description.
- Software Tester Job Description – What Aspects To Know Before Applying
- Software Architect Job Description and its requirements
- Software Developer Job Description and its FAQ
- Ruby On Rails Developer Job Description – What Are To Master To Be In This Position?
- iOS Developer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Junior Software Developer Job Description – Understanding Its Requirements And Tasks
- Test Automation Engineer Job Description: Knowing The Primary Responsibilities And Requirements
- Senior QA Engineer Job Description
- Computer Hardware Engineer Job Description and its requirements
- Salesforce Developer Job Description and its responsibilities
- Software Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Pathologist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Overnight Stocker Job Description – Understanding The Responsibilities, Requirements, And Skills
- Phlebotomist Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And RequirementsPhlebotomist Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- PHP Developer Job Description – What To Prepare To Be A Successful Developer
- Claims Adjuster Job Description and its Requirements
- Application Developer Job Description: What To Know To Become An Application Developer
- ETL Developer Job Description: Things to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- Cyber Security Engineer Job Description and its Responsibilities
- 10+ Java Developer Resume Template
- CNC Operator Job Description – An Ultimate Guide To Post The Job Description
- Quality Assurance Manager Job Description and its responsibilities
- Quality Assurance Specialist Job Description and its FAQs
- Help Desk Technician Job Description – Skills And Requirements To Look For In A Candidate
- Everything To Know In The Embedded Software Engineer Job Description
- Packager Job Description and its FAQ
- Cosmetology Instructor Job Description and its FAQ
- Sales Executive Job Description and its FAQ template
- Journalist Job Description – Requirements And Responsibilities You Must Know
- Web Developer Job Description and Its FAQ