A database administrator is responsible for taking care of the company’s database from its management and maintenance. The duties are including making sure the database is functional and working properly. Besides, the person who is in charge in this position should also fix any error and be responsible for the data loss.
What Are The Responsibilities In The Database Administrator Job Description?
There are many responsibilities that should be done by a database administrator, the general task is in the following list:
The database administrator is dealing with system monitoring. The person should monitor the system performance and identify if any possible problems occur. If finally, they find an error, then they have to respond as quickly as they can.
Besides monitor the system, the database administrator has to protect the database from attacker. To provide the data loss, it also needs to back up the data and fix the memory loss.
Another task to perform as a database administrator is to make a report. They also have to make metrics to check the performance. In this way, they can suggest some suggestions on what to improve and maintain.
Being A Liason
The further task to perform is liaising with the project managers and also other database programmers. Besides, they are involved in making the front-end and back-end designs.
What Are The Requirements In The Database Administrator Job Description?
- Education – The candidate must at least have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. The candidate must have an MCSD or MCDBA certificate.
- Skills – There are some skills required to be in this position. This includes mastering Oracle Database, MS SQL, PostgreSQL or Hadoop. The candidate must also have analytic, communication, and organization skills.
Because this job requires a lot of patience, the person must be able to work under pressure. A highly organized person is preferable as this job requires a lot of data and the person who is in charge should be able to handle it properly.
What’s A Database Administrator’s Job?
The database administrator has a job to manage and maintain the companies’ database. They make sure the database is working properly and functionally. They are also responsible for memory loss and other data management.
What Do You Need To Consider Before Creating A Database Administrator Job Description?
If you are going to post a database administrator job description, you have to have the knowledge about this position. At least you know the general task and your company’s needs so you can adjust it properly.
What Are The Duties Of A Database Administrator?
There are some duties to be performed by the database administrator, this includes being responsible in a technical and administrative role. Besides, the person who is working in this position should be the first to carry out troubleshooting and periodic maintenance.
That is all our short information about the database administrator job description. We hope this will help you find the best idea before writing the job description for your hiring project.
- System Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- CIO Job Description – What To Prepare Before Hiring A CIO?
- Security Administrator Job Description: What To Write In Your Application
- Windows Administrator Job Description Template and Its Tasks & Duties
- Programmer Analyst Job Description 1 – What Do You Need To Know About This Position?
- Data Architect Job Description and Helpful FAQs
- Operations Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Chief Medical Officer Job Description – What Do You Have To Master To Become One?
- Ruby On Rails Developer Job Description – What Are To Master To Be In This Position?
- Financial Officer Job Description – What To Be Fulfilled Before Applying
- UNIX System Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Gardener Job Description – What To Understand Before Applying
- Practice Manager Job Description – Everything You Have To Know Before Applying
- Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description – Skills And Requirements You Must Know
- Clerk Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Environmental Engineer Job Description – The Requirements And Skills Required
- Janitorial Supervisor Job Description – Understanding What To Prepare Before Making Application
- Software Tester Job Description – What Aspects To Know Before Applying
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description and its FAQs
- Construction Manager Job Description – What Are To Have To Work In This Position?
- Computer Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Back Office Executive Job Description – What You Need To Understand Before Applying
- Sales Support Specialist Job Description – A-List Of Responsibilities And Requirements To Know
- Payroll Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- PHP Developer Job Description – What To Prepare To Be A Successful Developer
- Clinical Analyst Job Description – The Requirements And Responsibilities To Know
- County Clerk Job Description – The Requirements You Have To Fulfill
- Senior Software Engineer Job Description – Understanding The Requirements And Skills
- Office Administrator Job Description and Its FAQ