A bar back is a junior role for a person who wants to work as a bartender, barista, or bar manager in the future. Usually, a bar back undertakes simple tasks. Mainly, he or she supports the more experienced staff in the bar before they can take orders, mix beverages, and serve customers without supervision. Now, let’s see the following detailed bar back job description.
Bar Back Job Description Template
A bar back works behind the scene to support waiters and bartenders during his or her, a bar back also helps with the procedures of bar opening & closing. Refilling bins of ice, replacing liquor bottles & beer kegs, and collecting glassware as well as cleaning up the bar belong to the main responsibilities.
Our bar is hiring a bar back to support our staff including bartenders. You will help with the procedures of bar opening & closing as well as perform different tasks behind the bar like preparing garnishes or restocking the bar. The following job description template will be very helpful.
Bar Back Responsibilities
You need to know that a bar back is very important in a bar. Different bars usually give similar daily tasks and duties for a bar back. For the detailed and complete responsibilities, let’s pay attention to the following list:
- Tidying up counters, tables, & other areas of bar
- Collecting empty bottles and glasses
- Restocking the bar with napkins, coasters, and straws
- Preparing juices, mixers, & cocktail garnishes
- Replenishing fruits and peanuts
- Changing out kegs of beer
- Replacing bottles of liquor
- Removing trash & wiping down beverage spills
- Refilling bins of ice
- Cleaning rags during the shift
- Helping the bartenders especially during rush hours
Bar Back Requirements
There are some qualifications to meet. Different bars may require different qualifications. However, they are usually same. Here are the requirements all the candidates have to meet:
- Minimum age for serving alcohol
- Interest in hospitality industry
- Previous experience in a restaurant or bar is a plus
- Ability for working in a fast-paced environment
- Team spirit
- Basic knowledge of menu items & recipes of bar such as various kinds of beers & mixed drinks
- Physical ability for lifting beer kegs, standing during the shift, and holding glassware & bottle trays
- Flexibility for working during public holidays, weekends, and evenings
- High school diploma
- Additional certification in hospitality or mix logy is an advantage
Bar Back FAQs
What does a bar back do in a bar?
A bar back has a simple main task. It is to supports the more experienced staff in the bar.
Can I edit the posted bar back job description template here?
Of course, you can. Everyone is allowed to download, edit, and use the job description template above. So, just feel free to edit it to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a bar back?
We do not only provide the bar back job description but also a few samples of interview questions for a bar back.
- Janitor Job Description and Its Requirements
- Church Custodian Job Description, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Housekeeper Job Description for Best Recruitment
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Waiter Job Description and FAQs
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Brewmaster Job Description, Duties, Skills And Characters You Must Have
- Office Manager Job Description and Its Detailed Requirements
- Benefits Coordinator Job Description, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Construction Laborer Job Description and Its FAQs
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Tour Guide Job Description Template and FAQs
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Movie Producer Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Restaurant Supervisor Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Criminal Investigator Job Description Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Train Conductor Job Description and FAQs
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Credentialing Coordinator Job Description Template FAQs
- Dishwasher Job Description and FAQs Template
- ICU Nurse Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Front Of House Staff Job Description and Its FAQ
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Hostess Job Description and The Requirements to Know
- Landscaper Job Description and Its Responsibilities