A Windows administrator can also be called a Windows system administrator. He or she is a person who installs, manages and upgrades Windows-based systems & servers in a company. A Windows administrator also manages data security, configures user access and maintains the system stability. The more detailed tasks & duties can be seen in this Windows administrator job description below.
Windows Administrator Job Description Template
We are hiring a Windows administrator now. In this role, you are tasked to manage as well as maintain our server network and Windows system. To be a good Windows administrator, you must have knowledge of Windows server setup, maintenance & deployment, advance skills of coding, etc.
Anyway, a good Windows administrator makes sure that the networking & server systems of the company run smoothly. You will also maintain a high security level. For more detailed responsibilities to do & requirements to meet, they are presented in this Windows administrator job description template.
Windows Administrator Job Responsibilities
A Windows administrator is responsible for various tasks & duties. So, he or she must be adept. The detailed Windows administrator job responsibilities can be seen in the following list:
- Assesses the scalability, security & stability of Windows systems installed
- Discusses system & server upgrades with the IT manager
- Installs and upgrades Windows systems & servers
- Provides technical supports for staff as well as back-end system users
- Troubleshoots system & server errors
- Reviews system error logs as well as user-reported errors
- Monitors and updates the Windows codebase
- Manages user access
- Monitors system performance
- Maintains server architecture security as well as makes system backups
Windows Administrator Job Requirements
Becoming a Windows administrator is not easy. There are some Windows administrator job requirements to be met. Below is the list of required qualifications for a Windows administrator related to educational degree, experience, ability, knowledge, and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Proven experience of working as a Windows Administrator
- Knowledge of setup, deployment & maintenance for Windows server
- Ability to make scripts in Python, Perl & similar languages
- Experience with patch management, databases & networks such as LAN as well as WAN
- Familiarity with server platforms and modern operating systems
- Knowledge of data backup, intrusions detection systems & network security systems
- Great problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication & analytical skills
Windows Administrator Job Description FAQs
What does a Windows administrator do in a company?
A Windows administrator installs, manages and upgrades Windows-based systems & servers in a company. He or she also manages data security, configures user access and maintains the system stability.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The Windows system administrator job description posted here is editable. It means, you can easily edit it to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a Windows administrator?
We do not only provide the Windows administrator job description but also interview question samples you can use free.
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- UNIX System Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- System Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Security Administrator Job Description: What To Write In Your Application
- Information Security Analyst Job Description Sample Template
- Website Manager Job Description Template and FAQs
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Network Administrator Job Description: Information Related To Responsibilities And Requirements
- Information Security Officer Job Description: Understanding More About Duty And Requirement
- Certified Ethical Hacker Job Description: The Responsibilities And Requirements That You Should Know
- Security Officer Job Description template and its FAQs
- Systems Engineer Job Description and its qualification
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- IT Director Job Description and Its Requirements
- Server Job Description and Its FAQs
- Database Administrator Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Process Engineer Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Information Technology Job Description and Its Requirements
- Data Architect Job Description and Helpful FAQs
- Technical Support Analyst Job Description – What To Know To Beat Another candidate
- Computer Programmer Job Description and Its Requirements
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description and its FAQs
- Technical Architect Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Prepare Your Application Better
- Cyber Security Engineer Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Software Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- IT Auditor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Legal Secretary Job Description and Its Responsibilities, Requirements & FAQs
- Business Systems Analyst Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Become A Business Systems Analyst