If you are wondering who take care of the shipment and receivement of the cargo the longshoreman is the one who handles this. They load and unload the goods to and from the vessels. The longshoreman is also known as the docker worker. You can read our short explanation about the longshoreman job description bellow.
The Responsibility Of A Longshoreman Job Description
The longshoreman has a long list of responsibilities you must know, which includes:
Thedocker worker is responsible for the general shore cargo management which includes tidying, clearing, cleaning all the debris on the working area. They are not only making sure the cleanliness of the working area but also making sure that safety is perfectly guaranteed and detect any potential hazard.
Performing Certain Procedures
Besides maintaining the working area, the docker worker must also perform certain procedures based on the instruction and plans. They have to prepare various preparation for cargo lifting. Operating certain equipments such as chainsaw to unsecure the cargo. Another equipments include tractors, forklifts, and cranes.
The longshoreman has to inform the supervisor about the damaged on the cargo and other hazard that occurs. Another things to inform are the injury, property damage and illness.
The Requirements To Be A Longshoreman
To be a longshoreman, there are certain requirements that should be met which are in the following list.
- Background education – There is no specific education to be a longshoreman except has completed the physical examination, englis proficiency certificate and experience in the warehouse or dock inductry.
- Skills – The skill required include ability to work under pressure and supervision and understand the procedure and instruction. The candidate must be able to work in shitf including the public holidays. Besides, they have to be physically fit and have a good height as it will be about physical job.
What’s A Longshoreman’s Job?
A longshoreman is responsible to load and unload the cargo and check all the goods whether there are some damage or not. They have to perform loading and unloading the cargo with various procedures to make sure it is safe.
What Do You Need To Pay Attention Before Writin The Longshoreman Job Description?
Before you decide to write the longshoreman job description, make sure you know well the tasks, responsibilities and skills required in this position. You have to pay attention to another factors such as the attitude of the candidates whether they are safety-minded, hard-working person etc. This is important so you can find the best candidate to work in your company.
What Are The General Tasks Of A Longshoreman?
A longshoreman has some responsibilities to do including loading and unloading cargo, checking the possible damage and perform any instruction and signals. They have to perform certain procedures in handling the cargo.
A longshoreman has a big responsibility which they have to make sure all the goods are safely received and shipped. Make sure you write the longshoreman job description in a very detail way so the candidate can upgrade the resume and make sure they will meet the requirements.
- Longshoreman Job Description – The Main Skills Required
- Warehouse Worker Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Ramp Agent Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Ramp Agent
- Warehouse Associate Job Description – What Are To Note Before Applying?
- Material Handler Job Description and Various FAQs
- Endoscopy Nurse Job Description – What Are The Main Requirements And Skills To Have?
- Dental Hygienist Job Description – What Are The Requirements And Skills To Have?
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Surgical Coordinator Job Description – What Are The Responsibilities To Know?
- Production Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Industrial Painter Job Description and FAQs
- OTR Driver Job Description and its responsibilities
- Truck Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Daycare Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Database Administrator Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- EMT Job Description and FAQs Detail
- Welding Inspector Job Description – What Should You Prepare Before Writing Your Application?
- General Laborer Job Description – Requirements and Skills You Must Have
- Social Worker Job Description and its FAQ
- Lifeguard Job Description – What Requirements To Underline To Be A Successful Lifeguard
- CIO Job Description – What To Prepare Before Hiring A CIO?
- Hematologist Job Description – What To Prepare Before Applying
- Line Cook Job Description – What To Know Before Hiring A New Staff
- Data Architect Job Description and Helpful FAQs
- Construction Manager Job Description – What Are To Have To Work In This Position?
- Surgical Technologist Job Description – What To Provide And Know Before Applying for This Position
- Packager Job Description and its FAQ
- Physical Therapy Aide Job Description – Important Things You Need To Know
- Gardener Job Description – What To Understand Before Applying
- Progressive Claims Adjuster Trainee Job Description – What To Know Before Posting The Job Description!