A headhunter is a person whose duties are to coordinate with hiring managers in order to define needed requirements for open roles, send passive candidates recruiting emails & follow up when needed, and browse resume databases & portfolio sites. For the more detailed headhunter job description, you can see the following template available in this article.
Headhunter Job Description Template
We are hiring a headhunter to join our team & assist up to fill the open positions with qualified candidates. Some of the headhunter job duties are to define hiring criteria, source potential candidates on social media, & research out to prospects via phone or email.
To be a good headhunter, you must have excellent skills of communication to interact with internal teams and candidates. Besides, being familiar with offline & online sourcing techniques is also required. Anyway, we provide a headhunter job description template for your reference.
Headhunter Job Responsibilities
A headhunter is responsible for a variety of tasks & duties. Below is the list of headhunter job responsibilities:
- Coordinating with hiring managers for defining needed requirements for open roles
- Sending passive candidates recruiting emails and following up when needed
- Browsing portfolio sites and resume databases
- Joining groups of social media & professional network and also interacting with potential candidates
- Advertising open job positions to external networks
- Asking for referrals from existing employees, acquaintances, & industry professionals
- Maintaining organized databases with data of candidates
- Attending job fairs & organizing career events
- Keeping in touch with past applicants
- Using Boolean search to find qualified candidates for hard-to-fill roles
- Conducting benchmark research on benefits & compensation for different positions as well as seniority levels
- Measuring source of hire & time-to-fill for every role
- Researching and recommending new sourcing tools & techniques
Everyone is allowed to apply for this open position. However, you need to know about the headhunter requirements. So, every candidate has to meet the following qualifications:
- Work experience in the related fields especially as a headhunter or recruiter
- Sourcing technique knowledge
- Experience with sourcing tools
- Familiarity with Applicant Tracking Systems and HR databases
- Excellent abilities of communication & persuasion
- Time-management skill
- Ability of handling various open roles
- Good skills of decision making
- BSc degree in the relevant fields especially HR management
Headhunter Job FAQs
What does a headhunter do in a company?
Basically, a headhunter is tasked to coordinate with hiring managers in order to define needed requirements for open roles, send passive candidates recruiting emails & follow up when needed, and browse resume databases & portfolio sites.
Can I edit the posted headhunter job description here?
Of course, you can. The job description template here is editable. So, just feel free to add or remove the details included.
Do you have interview questions for a headhunter?
Besides the headhunter job description, you can also find interview question samples for candidates of headhunter on another page.
- Recruiter Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Recruiter
- Volunteer Coordinator Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Virtual Assistant Job Description: Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Contractor Job Description – What To Have To Become A Contractor
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Construction Manager Job Description – What Are To Have To Work In This Position?
- Ob Gyn Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Graphic Designer Job Description Template and Its Requirements
- Librarian Job Description and Its FAQ
- Clinical Research Associate Job Description and Its Requirements
- Budget Analyst Job Description and Its Requirements
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- HR Specialist Job Description Responsibilities, Requirements, & FAQs
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Accounting Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Image Consultant Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- 5+ Architect Resume
- Office Assistant Job Description And Its Requirements
- HR Manager Job Description and Its Requirements
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- 2+ HR Recruiter Resume
- District Manager Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Microbiologist Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Operations Analyst Job Description and Its FAQ
- Clerk Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Stocker Job Description – Understanding The Main Duties And Requirements