A church custodian is a person who has responsibility to keep a church tidy & clean between services, events, & different church activities. The following church custodian job description describes the complete and detailed tasks and duties needed to keep the church appearing orderly and pristine at all times. So, you have to pay attention to the following template.
Church Custodian Job Description Template
A church custodian is asked to answer to the church trustees and the lead pastor. This belongs to a valuable and important member of a church staff. A church custodian has many tasks and duties to do. Different churches may give different detailed responsibilities but commonly they are same.
In this job description template, you can see the complete and detailed responsibilities of a church custodian. Besides that, you can also see the required qualifications to meet by the candidates who want to apply for this position.
Church Custodian Responsibilities
Below is the list of essential responsibilities and duties of a church custodian:
- Cleaning the sanctuary after services such as removing buildup from altar candles, wiping down the altar and pews, cleaning the program aisles or paper left behind, and vacuuming
- Wiping down windows, especially stained glass, regularly
- Emptying the wastebaskets and removing other debris
- Wiping down and disinfecting the kitchen regularly & after any event
- Throwing out expired foods that are left behind in refrigerators or cabinets
- Setting up conference room, event room, and meeting room including arranging audio visual equipment, making tables available, and stacking chairs
- Scrubbing restroom and spotting cleans regularly
- Stocking soap, paper towels, and toilet paper in all restrooms
- Ordering supplies when needed based on the budget allocated
- Replacing broken light fixtures when needed
- Attending big events
- Addressing simple plumbing or other repair works and calling in helps if needed
Church Custodian Requirements
A church custodian must be adept. So, there are some qualifications required for the candidates. Here are the required abilities, skills, and knowledge:
- Having a positive attitude & being willing to assist in all things
- Courteous & tactful
- Directed & able to complete custodial duties with no supervision
- Flexible & willing to adopt to different schedules & work level required every week
- Being committed to the church’s missions & goals
- Knowledge of various cleaning techniques like waxing, disinfecting, stain removal, etc
- Honest & trustworthy to have access to the church’s secured areas
- Knowledge of simple plumbing & general repair works
- Responsible & able to arrange duties
Church Custodian FAQs
What does a church custodian do in a church?
A church custodian must keep a church tidy & clean between services, events, & different church activities.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
This job description template is editable so that you can easily edit it to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a church custodian?
Besides the church custodian job description, we also provide some interview questions you can use free.
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- 6+ Custodian Resume
- Room Attendant Job Description: What You Need To Understand To Become A Room Attendant
- Car Detailer Job Description and Its Requirement
- Church Strategic Plan Template
- Piano Teacher Job Description and FAQs
- Youth Pastor Job Description and its duties
- Librarian Job Description and Its FAQ
- Church Security Plan Template
- Activities Assistant Job Description – What Are The Requirements And The Duties
- Executive Pastor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Audio Engineer Job Description: Getting To Know Its Duties And Skills
- Promoter Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Become A Successful Promoter
- Barber Job Description, Responsibilities, Requirements & FAQs
- Volunteer Coordinator Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Waitress Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As A Waitress
- Janitor Job Description and Its Requirements
- Bar Back Job Description and Its Requirements
- Loss Prevention Officer Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Be A Qualified Loss Prevention Officer
- Registrar Job Description: Get To Know The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Virtual Assistant Job Description: Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Cleaning Services Operations Plan Template
- Sunday school Teacher Job Description and its FAQs
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Catering Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Client Services Coordinator Job Description: Things To Be Highlighted To Become A Client Services Coordinator
- Sonographer Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Legal Job Descriptions and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs