For those who have a café business, having an experienced and skilled barista is the key to be a successful businessman. Some common people think that barista is a coffee maker. Substantively, the barista job description is quite complex. A barista will make kinds of beverages, such as coffee, tea, sandwich, and others. That is why a barista should have some ability in executing recipes.
Barista Job Description Templates
A template of the job description of a barista will be useful to help those who want to recruit a new barista for their café. Through a template, of course, you could make a document for recruitment easily. There is a default shape of the document, so you do not need to make it from a blank document.
On another hand, a candidate of barista should fulfill and fit with some standards. A good barista is someone who has well-education about food and beverages. Then, since the barista will meet with the customers, they need to have good communication skills and a friendly attitude.
To be a successful barista, a candidate also should have a high commitment to deliver the best service for the customers. A positive and polite attitude is key.
Based on the points before, the main responsibilities of the barista is to prepare the beverages and foods as it is ordered by the customers. Substantively, the barista has more complex responsibilities to handle, such as:
- Welcoming the clients or customers, informing them about the new or special menus, answering their questions, and accepting both orders and payments
- Preparing kinds of foods, such as baked goods, sandwiches, and others. Grinding and blending the coffee beans, brewing tea and coffee, and other matters to serve the customers.
- Packaging foods and other similar things for sale
- Selling coffee and tea blends
- Cleaning the workplace and restocking the items
- Sanitizing the equipment and utensils
- Learning about kinds of brewing methods, beverages blends, food preparations, and other matters to improve the techniques and knowledge
- Updating the signage and displaying to attract the customers
- Following the regulations and quality control of foods
To handle some responsibilities, these are some requirements that should be fulfilled. The requirements could be the standard of recruitment. The common requirements to recruit a candidate of barista are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experiences in preparing the foods and beverages
- Willingness to continue learning about food and beverage preparation
- Good ability in communication and listening
- Availability to work around peak hours, including nights, very early morning, weekends, and holidays
- High commitment to satisfy the customers and provide an excellent service
What tasks does the barista do?
Making the ordered food and beverage becomes the main task of the barista. However, besides it, the barista should learn more about the method and technique of food preparation to make custom menus.
Can I customize the uploaded sample of the barista job description?
Yes, you can. The uploaded document on this page is editable. You may renew the information inside it and make it based on the needs of your café.
What should I include in making this job description?
Detailed information on the barista job description should be written there. Then, complete it with the facilities that the barista will get, especially about the amount of salary.
Description: A barista job description is an important document to be made, especially for recruiting a new employee. Through the clear description, a chance to get a good barista could be done well.
- Cocktail Waitress Job Description for Better Recruitment
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Baker Job Description and Its Requirements
- Bartender Job Description and its FAQs
- Front Of House Staff Job Description and Its FAQ
- Kitchen Helper Job Description and Its FAQ
- Catering Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Deli Clerk Job Description and Its FAQ
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Line Cook Job Description – What To Know Before Hiring A New Staff
- Pizza Maker Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Possess As A Pizza Maker
- Waitress Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As A Waitress
- Car Detailer Job Description and Its Requirement
- Truck Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Customer Service Representative Job Description and Its FAQ
- Coffee Shop Business Plan Template
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Restaurant Supervisor Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Wait Staff Job Description and Interview FAQs
- Flight Attendant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Kitchen Manager Job Description – Requirements And Skills To Have
- Appliance Repair Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Kitchen Porter Job Description – Responsibilities And Skills To Know
- What You Need To Prepare In A Prep Cook Job Description
- Food Runner Job Description and its FAQ
- Veterinary Receptionist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Room Attendant Job Description: What You Need To Understand To Become A Room Attendant
- Delivery Driver Job Description and Common Requirements
- Waiter Job Description and FAQs
- Catering Coordinator Job Description – What Skills And requirements To Have?