How is a payroll administrator’s job description like? A payroll administrator has a job to handle administrative data for the employee payroll. While doing his job, he has to coordinates with Human Resource Development to make sure that the employee data is correct. In this payroll administrator job description summary, you will see the duties and requirements of a payroll administrator. So, let’s take a look at this resume.
Some Important Duties in the Payroll Administrator Job Description
There are some duties that a payroll administrator must do. What are they? Let’s check them one by one.
- Give information about payroll
The first duty of a payroll administrator is to give information about payroll. He has to explain information and respond to the employee’s inquiries about payroll.
- Manage timesheets
The next duty of a payroll administrator is managing timesheet. A payroll administrator has to obtain and review timesheets. He needs to count the payable hours, wages, and taxes of employees. There he will know how much an employee is paid.
- Store employee records
Since a payroll administrator has the data about employee’s timesheet, counted wages, and taxes, he must store them well. It is important because if he loses their records, it will become big trouble for the company. Also, he needs to work with the Human Resource Development to make sure the employee data has corrected.
- Release earnings statements
Next, a payroll administrator should release earning statements to the employee. He needs to tell them when the payment time comes. Besides, he has to handle the paychecks and lineal deposits.
- Assist the accounting department
The last duty of a payroll administrator is assisting the accounting department. Since a payroll administrator has the records of the employee wages, he should assist the accounting department to process another administrative data.
Some Important Requirements in the Payroll Administrator Job Description
If you are interested in this job description, you need to know some of the important requirements below.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administrator
The first requirement that you have to fulfill if you want to apply as a payroll administrator is that you must have a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, or Accounting. Besides, it will also be considered if you qualify for a high school diploma or GED.
- Have sufficient experience
As a payroll administrator, having sufficient and proven work experience is important. It would advantageous if you have 2 or more years of work experience in a payroll office.
- Have proficiency in Microsoft Office
Since a payroll administrator is responsible for payroll data, you have to be proficient enough in Microsoft Office. It would also be considered if you are expert in other payroll software programs.
What is the job of a payroll administrator?
A payroll administrator has a job to handle the administrative data for the employee payroll. He also should work with Human Resource Development to make sure that the employee data has been correct.
What are the most common duties of this position?
The most common duties are giving information about payroll, managing timesheets, assisting the accounting departments, and other essential matters.
What should you do before assigning a payroll administrator job description?
You have to consider the duties of a payroll administrator if you want to assign it. If you feel difficult to start, you can have a look at the list of requirements on the payroll administrator job description above.
To sum up, that is about the important information that you have to put in a payroll administrator job description. You can apply as a payroll administrator if you are interested.
- Payroll Specialist Job Description: What To Know And Prepare To Become A Successful Payroll Specialist
- Payroll Clerk Job Description and its FAQ
- Healthcare Administrator Job Description and its FAQs
- Operations Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- HR coordinator job description and its FAQ
- UNIX System Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Hospital Administrator Job Description: Things To Be Underlined To Become A Hospital Administrator
- HR Specialist Job Description Responsibilities, Requirements, & FAQs
- Office Administrator Job Description and Its FAQ
- System Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Administrative Manager Job Description and its requirement template
- Employee Relations Specialist Job Description: Getting To Know More About Requirement And Responsibility
- Database Administrator Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Back Office Executive Job Description – What You Need To Understand Before Applying
- Bookkeeper Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Bookkeeper
- HR generalist job description and its responsibilities
- Junior Accountant Job Description: What Are To Prepare Before Applying?
- Accounting Specialist Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Benefits Coordinator Job Description, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Compensation Analyst Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Accounting Clerk Job Description: Get To Know The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Windows Administrator Job Description Template and Its Tasks & Duties
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description and Its FAQ
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Banker Job Description: Knowing the Duties and Requirements
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description and its requirements
- Administrative Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Accounts Payable Manager Job Description: Getting Further Information About Duties And Requirement