A line worker has a responsibility to fix the transmission system such as an electrical system, poles, and cables. Besides, they also perform repair tasks. If you want to know further about the line worker job description, you can read it in this article.
The Duties In The Line Worker Job description
Typically, the duties and responsibilities of the line worker are related to heavy duties, such as:
- Maintaining, installing, and also performing emergency repair related to the electric system.
- Helping to frame security, street poles, and setting power.
- Helping customers to install the primary and secondary line.
- Diagnosing problems, for example, finding cable faults and restore its power.
- Maintaining the electrical system.
- Helping customers install metering tools.
- Helping to install and setting the underground transformers and its switches.
- Creating reports and records every activity based on the orders.
- Giving a response to call-outs.
Skills Needed In The Line Worker Job Description
Working as a line worker requires you to have strong stamina and good physical appearance. It is important to meet the physical criteria as it will deal a lot with lifting and moving objects. Moreover, this job is about safety. Therefore, you must at least have the following important skill:
- Having strong, dexterous, and agile physic.
- having the willingness to work in various environmental conditions.
- Having a willingness to work in flexible shifts such as public holiday, evening, weekend shifts, and even with short notice.
- Excellent knowledge and practical knowledge in CPR and First Aid.
- Excellent at driving.
- Excellent knowledge of electricity.
Besides the skills above, you also must meet the another requirement such as academic background, certification in electricity, driving license, certification in Journeyman Lineman, certification in First Aid & CPR as well as certification in the backhoe.
If you are considering to apply as a line worker, we have a shortlist of objective statements that you can use in your resume:
- I have a strong physical condition and stamina. I am used to working in the field with the various condition. With my working experience as technical support in the electricity department, I would like to apply as one of the candidates in the hiring projects.
- I like gaining more experience with people and practice my professional skill in electricity. I am good at handling cables and I have high patience. If you give me a chance to see my skills I would be glad to attend the next step.
- I have been graduating from school and I have certification in electricity and First Aid & CPR. Working as a line worker is an exciting challenge for me. I love working with people who wants to push me to move forward. I would be glad to hear news from you.
- I would like to apply as a line worker. I am good at fixing the electricity system and willing to work flexible hours. Let me know if I am a perfect fit for your business.
That is all our summary of the line worker job description. We hope this will help you decide your career path.
- Industrial Electrician Job d Description – Check The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Construction Worker Job Description and Its FAQs
- Computer Analyst Job Description – Knowing What To Prepare Before Applying
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- School Social Worker Job Description Template and FAQs
- Care Provider Job Description – Understanding The Duties And Kills Required
- UNIX System Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Solar Sales Consultant Job Description – What You Must Prepare And Master
- Stagehand Job Description – What To Know And Write Before Applying
- Production Assistant Job Description – The Career Path In Filming Industries
- Construction Inspector Job Description – The Keypoints To Understand To Be A Successful Candidate
- Treasurer Job Description – What Are The Important Skills To Have?
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Cable Technician Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- E Commerce Associate Job Description – Things You Want To Know Before Writing Resumes
- Material Handler Job Description and Various FAQs
- Things You Need To Write In A IT Specialist Job Description
- Comptroller Job Description – What You Can Learn From Our Summary
- Social Worker Job Description and its FAQ
- Warehouse Worker Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Plumber Job Description and its FAQ
- Food Preparation Worker Job Description: Find More About The Requirements And Responsibilities Here
- Production Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Line Cook Job Description – What To Know Before Hiring A New Staff
- Tailor Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Industrial Painter Job Description and FAQs
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- What You Need To Prepare In A Prep Cook Job Description
- Director Of Development Job Description – List Of Duties And Skills To Know
- Help Desk Technician Job Description – Skills And Requirements To Look For In A Candidate