A web manager is an IT specialist who helps an organization by managing its official website. He or she oversees the web functionality; evaluates & manages the performance of the web, facilitates hosting & server management; and also develops, maintain & update web contents. For the more detailed tasks & duties, you can see the following website manager job description.
Website Manager Job Description Template
We are hiring a web manager who has an analytical mind as well as detailed understanding of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and PPC (Pay Per Click). A web manager is expected to have a good skill of problem solving, a great attention to detail and also excellent content creating & writing skills.
To ensure a success, a web manager has to display a good understanding of CMS (Content Management Systems) as well as tech infrastructures with Security Audits, Web-Proxy, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, & CSS. Below, we provide the web manager job description in more detailed.
Website Manager Responsibilities
Below is a list of the website manager responsibilities:
- Plans, implements, manages, monitors, and upgrades the web of the organization
- Responds to as well as troubleshoot all web problems
- Identifies and responds to all breaches of web security
- Enables the right security measures to make sure that the web is protected
- Eliminates redundant & duplicates information to conduct audits of content
- Makes appropriate web content aligned to the strategy of the organization
- Conducts regular plans of test to ensure web efficiency & quality
- Improves the web user experience regularly
- Collaborates with management & all staff to make sure that the web aligns with strategy of brand as well as meets the standards of the organization
- Makes strategies to grow web traffic metrics & subscriber base
- Ensures full compliance on the web with all regulations & laws
- Keeps up to date with industry best practices
- Monitors the websites of the competitors
Website Manager Requirements
Here is a list of the web site manager requirements:
- A degree in the related field
- Work experience in the same role
- Knowledge of W3C Web Standards, Content Management Systems, Adobe suite, and Macromedia suite
- Good understanding of SEO and PPC
- Ability of troubleshooting web problems in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details with good skills of analytical mind & problem solving
- Excellent skills of content creating & writing
- Great skills of time management with multi-task ability
Website Manager FAQs
What does a web manager do?
Basically, a web manager helps an organization by managing its official website.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. You can add or remove the details in the job description posted here easily.
Do you have interview questions for a web manager?
Besides the website manager job description, we also provide some interview question samples on another page.
- Information Security Analyst Job Description Sample Template
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Windows Administrator Job Description Template and Its Tasks & Duties
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Content Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Maintenance Manager Job Description Template and Its Required Qualifications
- IT Director Job Description and Its Requirements
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Program Manager Job Description
- Sales Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Clinical Research Associate Job Description and Its Requirements
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- IT Auditor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Project Manager Job Description and FAQ Details
- Property Manager Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Content Marketing Manager Job Description – What Skills And Requirements To Have?
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Information Technology Job Description and Its Requirements
- Content Editor Job Description and Related FAQs
- District Manager Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Production Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Warehouse Manager Job Description – Important Things You Need To Know
- Audit Manager Job Description: Things to Highlight Before Applying for The Job
- Communications Officer Job Description and Its Requirements
- Hotel Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Training Manager Job Description and Frequent FAQs
- Clinical Trial Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Supply Chain Manager Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- HR Specialist Job Description Responsibilities, Requirements, & FAQs
- Marketing Manager Job Description and Its FAQ