Substitute Teacher Resumes
There are times when a teacher cannot come to the class for teaching due to a specific unavoidable reason. When this situation happens, a substitute teacher is in charge of delivering the lessons. Substitute teachers can work in an institution as part-timers or on a contract basis for a specific length of time.
Substitute teachers carry out the lessons based on the lesson plans that have been made by the classroom teacher. Being a substitute teacher also requires some qualifications that support the process of delivering the lesson in the classroom, including substitute teacher resumes. If you want to pursue a career as a substitute teacher, it’s wise to read the information presented below.
Sample Resume for Substitute Teacher with No Experience
While it’s always better to hire a substitute teacher with experience, sometimes an institution opens the vacancy for any applicants, including the ones with no experience. Below is the sample resume for a substitute teacher with no experience.
Roberts Max Jr.
Phone: (555) 222-111-333
A creative and compassionate Master’s Degree graduate in English Education from XYZ University with a GPA of 3.90. Strong communication skills and familiar with lesson plan implementation in the classroom and several classroom activities and strategies to assist the students in following the lessons well.
Internship as an English Teacher at ABC International High School
2019 – 2020
- Creating lessons plans for delivering the English lessons
- Preparing classroom activities, strategies, and materials
- Delivering the English lessons
- Assessing students’ English competencies
- Conducting teaching evaluation with the assisting teacher
- Taking parts in creating English competition for students
Master Degree of English Education at XYZ University
2018 – 2020
Bachelor Degree in English Education at XYZ University
2014 – 2018
GPA: 3.90 (Master)
Relevant Coursework: Teaching Pedagogy, TEFL, Pre-service Teacher Training
Membership: English Education Students Community
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organization and management skill
- Best Graduate GPA, 2020
- Winner of Graduate Students’ English Competition at National Level, 2015
How to Write Substitute Teacher Resumes
In applying for a substitute teacher, you need to know how to showcase your strength and create an effective resume. We compile the information on how you can have a good resume.
- Read the job description well before applying. This way you will know which information you need to include in your resume to match the requirement.
- Use the best resume format and template.
- Include relevant information only like skills, experience, academic background
- Stick to the truth, don’t exaggerate any facts
What to Write in the Substitute Teacher Resumes?
After reading the sample resume and tips on how to write a good substitute teacher resume, now you ensure the following information is included.
- Your data, like identity, email address, and phone number
- Personal Summary
- Professional experience
- Educational Background
- Relevant Skills
- An additional relevant experience like an internship and volunteer work
Skills to Include in Substitute Teacher Resumes
Among all the skills that one has, it may not be necessary to include everything. Keep the relevant ones with a substitute teacher to add your value in front of the employers.
- Subject mastery of English
- Communication skill
- Organizational skill
Is a Substitute Teacher a Good Career Choice?
Being a substitute teacher can be a good career option for new graduates who want to apply for an entry-level position. Some people may also pursue a career as a substitute teacher as a side job to get additional income. If you want to apply for this career, it can be a good starting career option.
Kinds of Substitute Teacher Resumes
Sometimes, it takes a lot of preparation to apply for a new job, especially for a teacher. Applicants may be assigned for preparing lesson plans, materials, and activities. Thus, you don’t have enough time to create an impactful resume. That’s when you need resume templates. Below are some template samples that can be your references.
Elementary Substitute Teacher Resume
If you apply for an elementary substitute teacher, this template is for you. Highlighting the crucial skills for elementary teachers, this template employs a neat formatting style to give a professional vibe.
Special Education Substitute Teacher Resume
This template is designed for a substitute teacher for special education. With a powerful professional summary, this template works effectively to pass the resume screening phase.
Substitute Teacher Resume Example
This template applies in most substitute teacher application cases. It manages a simple formatting style where it covers all needed information.
Long-term Substitute Teacher Resume Template
If you want to pursue a substitute teacher for the long term, this template will facilitate in providing thorough and well-structured information and strength of yours, including skills and professional experience.
Entry-Level Substitute Teacher Resume
Newly-graduated students need to use this template for an entry-level position as a substitute teacher. It focuses on the skills and additional experience such as training to add the value of the applicants to the employer.
Substitute Kindergarten Teacher Resume
A kindergarten teacher does need an impactful resume to land a new job and this template will lead you to your dream job. It applies Ms. Word file format that can be easily edited by the applicants.
Substitute Teacher Resume with No Experience
For some of you who don’t have any experience, this template covers it all by highlighting the relevant skills and an impactful career summary for substitute teachers.
Substitute Sample Teacher Resume
This template applies a basic formatting style that provides complete information in a well-structured manner. Almost all substitute teachers can use this template.
Early Learning Center Substitute Teacher
Substitute teacher for early learning center needs this template. It saves their time in preparing the hiring process as they can focus on another thing.
Substitute Teacher of the Deaf Resume
This resume is designed specifically for a substitute teacher of a deaf. It applies a well-structured formatting style that focuses on the professional experience of the applicants.
- 10+ Teacher Resume Sample
- Substitute Teacher Job Description and its FAQs
- 5+ Paraeducator Resume
- 9+ Preschool Teacher Resume
- 10+ Education Resume Sample
- 7+ Elementary Teacher Resume
- 10+ Teacher Resume Example
- Special Education Teacher Job Description: What To Know To Become A Special Education Teacher
- 10+ Teaching Curriculum Vitae Template
- 10+ Education Curriculum Vitae Template
- 10+ Fresher Resume Template
- 10+ Tutor Resume Template
- 10+ Teacher Assistant Resume Template
- 10+ Teenage Resume Template
- 8+ Personal Trainer Resumes
- Online English Teacher Job Description: Things To Be Highlighted To Become An Online English Teacher
- Teacher Job Description and Its Requirements
- 6+ Fresher Resume Template
- High School English Teacher Job Description and Its FAQ
- 10+ Teacher Resume Template
- Teacher Assistant Job Description and Its FAQs
- 9+ Sample Retail Resumes
- 8+ Warehouse Worker Resumes
- Piano Teacher Job Description and FAQs
- Music Teacher Job Description – What Are The Tasks To Do And Skills Required?
- 10+ Teaching Curriculum Vitae Sample Example
- 10+ Sample Education Resume
- 10+ Free Accountant Resume
- Online ESL Teacher Job Description: Things To Underline To Become An Online ESL Teacher
- 10+ Computer Science Resume Examples