Sample Paralegal Resume Templates
If you want to apply for a position as a paralegal, you have to prove that you are able to assist lawyers and also senior legal professionals. You can show your capabilities as a paralegal through a professional resume. Use sample paralegal resume templates as reference when you write your resume.
When you have no experience working in this field, but being a paralegal is your dream, you can use a sample paralegal resume with no experience. Show that you have what it takes to be a good paralegal.
Sample of Paralegal Resume
The following is an example of a paralegal resume that can give you guidance when writing down your resume.
Phone: (555) 113-244-446
A certified paralegal who is motivated, organized and flexible with more than 7 years of paralegal experience with a background in personal injury law and health administration. Looking to provide legal assistance in drafting legal documents, trial preparation, customer service and legal research. Assisted Legal Affair teams in the implementation of a new complaint handling system. Fluent in English and German.
- Investigating cases-related facts
- Researching and analyzing regulations, laws and legal articles
- Writing and proofreading reports to help attorneys in preparing for trial
- Drafting legal documents and routine correspondence
- Maintaining real estate data and files
- Preparing, organizing, proofreading and coordinating communications and documents for transactions.
- Scheduling meeting with clients and internal meetings
- Supervising requisitions and wire transfers
- Managing expense reports and travel arrangements
Bachelor of Legal Studies at BCD University, 2014
Relevant Coursework: persuasive writing capstone, interviewing & investigation, legal research
Membership: a member of Paralegal Association
- Legal research
- Drafting lawsuits
- Client counseling
- Writing briefs
- Settlement techniques
- Preparing reports
- Office administration
- Proofreading and editing
Certifications and Achievements
- Advanced Certified Paralegal
- Graduating with high GPA
How to Write a Paralegal Resume With No Experience
If you do not have any experience yet in working as a paralegal, follow the following steps in writing a professional paralegal resume.
- State in your cover letter that you are lacking professional working experience as a paralegal but you are really passionate in learning about paralegal-related things.
- When you have no working experience because you are just graduating from university, then you can explain about your educational background before mentioning your relevant experience.
Relevant Paralegal Skills to Add on a Resume
Below are some paralegal skills that can be your reference in writing your professional resume.
- Organized, resourceful, with attention to detail
- Timeliness and accuracy
- Proficient in Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Strong interpersonal skills and teamwork (negotiating with clients, assisting senior attorney)
Paralegal Duties and Responsibilities
Working as a paralegal, you must make yourself familiar with the responsibilities and duties of a paralegal. Read the following list and you can focus on the list when writing the working experience section on your resume.
- Conducting interviews with clients
- Maintaining general contact with clients
- Interviewing witness
- Conducting investigations, documentary and statistical research
- Conducting legal research
- Drafting legal documents, pleadings and correspondence
- Summarizing interrogatories, testimonies and depositions
Kinds of Paralegal Resumes
There are various kinds of paralegal resumes. You can read them and choose the one that can serve your purpose best.
Resume Template for Entry Level Paralegal
This resume comes in MS Word format so you will find it easy to adjust. Add your personal details, resume objective, educational background, relevant coursework, core strengths and campus and community involvement in the provided places.
Resume Template for Corporate Paralegal
If you are aiming to work as a corporate paralegal, this resume template is designed for you. This simple resume template is available in MS Word format so it will be easy for you to customize it. There are sections provided for you to write down your resume summary, certifications, skills and professional working experience.
Resume Template for Real Estate Paralegal
When you have passion in working as a real estate paralegal, you need to show that you are able to assist advocates and lawyers who work on matters related to real estate. Use this resume template and mention your personal information, professional summary, core qualifications and working experience in the available spaces.
Resume template for Foreclosure Paralegal
If you are looking for a foreclosure paralegal resume template that is easy to be downloaded and used, this template is designed for you. Include your personal details, job objective, highlight of qualifications, professional experience and responsibilities in this resume.
Resume Template for Immigration Paralegal
This resume template is suitable for you who are seeking a position where you can assist legal authorities who work for services related to immigration. Add your personal information, job objective, qualifications highlight, responsibilities and working experience in the provided sections.
Resume Template for General Paralegal
Wanting to work as a general paralegal, this template will help you to prove your skills and abilities. Highlight your employment experience and other relevant experience using this resume template.
Free Resume Template for Personal Injury Paralegal
Prove that you are the best candidate for a personal injury paralegal position using this resume template. This template is free and available in MS Word format so it will be easy for you to access and modify the contents.
Resume Template for Professional Paralegal
If you are a professional paralegal who is looking for new experience, this resume template is made for you. Put your personal details, qualifications summary, working experience, educational background and professional affiliations on this resume template.
Resume Template for Paralegal Specialist
This resume template is intended for you who want to apply for a paralegal specialist position. You can add your professional working experience, educational background and technology skills in the available spaces.
Resume Template for Family Law Paralegal
Prove that you are the best family law paralegal compared to other candidates using this template. This resume template is written in MS Word format so you will not face many difficulties in customizing its contents.
- 6+ Legal Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
- Legal Assistant Job Description – What To Include In Your Resume
- 3+ Entry Level Administrative Assistant Resume
- 8+ UX Designer Resume Templates
- 10+ Latex Resume Template
- 6+ Graphic Designer Resume
- 6+ Personal Resume
- 10+ Java Developer Resume Template
- 6+ Academic Resume
- 10+ Modern Resume Template
- 1+ Lawyer Resume
- 10+ Free Accountant Resume
- 3+ Electrician Resume
- 6+ Firefighter Resume
- 8+ Supervisor Resume
- 9+ Attorney Resume
- 7+ Business Analyst Resume Samples
- Lawyer Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Lawyer
- Criminal Lawyer Job Description – Skills and Responsibilities To Know
- 5+ Mechanic Resume
- 9+ Construction Resume Template
- 10+ Housekeeping Resume Example
- 6+ Babysitter Resume
- 10+ First Resume Template
- 5+ Nanny Resume
- 10+ Medical Assistant Resumes
- 8+ Personal Trainer Resumes
- 4+ CEO Resume Template
- 8+ Impressive High School Resumes
- 10+ Actor Resume Example