A restaurant supervisor is a person who oversees all the restaurant operations to make sure that the restaurant runs smoothly. He or she trains and supervises all restaurant staff, ensures compliance with health & safety regulations of food, and resolves complaints from customers. The following restaurant supervisor job description will include the list of responsibilities and requirements.
Restaurant Supervisor Job Description Template
We are hiring a restaurant supervisor now. In this role, you will be tasked to ensure that all operations of the restaurant run well. A restaurant supervisor oversees the restaurant staff activities, expedites customers’ orders, and maintains relationships with suppliers.
As a restaurant supervisor, you have to be able to identify how to decrease the operational costs of the restaurant. To be a good candidate, you will need to be able to do many duties and meet some requirements as you can see in the following restaurant supervisor job description template.
Restaurant Supervisor Job Responsibilities
A good restaurant supervisor is aimed to make sure that customers have a perfect experience in the restaurant. Below is the list of restaurant supervisor tasks & duties to do:
- Screens, interviews, hires, and trains restaurant staff
- Manages work schedules of the restaurant staff
- Conducts restaurant kitchen regular inspections to determine if hygiene & sanitation proper standards are maintained
- Oversees preparation, presentation & storage of food to ensure compliance with health & safety regulations of food
- Checks in on the dining customers to enquire about quality & service of the foods
- Monitors inventory and ensures that food supplies & other restaurant essentials are stocked adequately
- Monitors the cash flow of the restaurant and settles outstanding bills
- Reviews customer surveys to develop & implement how to improve customer service
- Resolves complaints from customers professionally
Restaurant Supervisor Job Requirements
We require some qualifications related to educational degree, experience, ability, and skill. Below is the list of restaurant supervisor job requirements to meet:
- GED or high school diploma
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality or business administration is a plus
- Proven work experience in a hospitality industry as a supervisor
- Ability of working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability for standing in long hours
- Great management skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good customer service skill
Restaurant Supervisor Job Description FAQs
What does a restaurant supervisor do in a restaurant?
A restaurant supervisor oversees all the restaurant, trains & supervises all restaurant staff, ensures compliance with health & safety regulations of food, and resolves complaints from customers.
Can I edit the posted restaurant supervisor job description template here?
Of course, you can. You are allowed to add or remove the details in the editable restaurant supervisor job description template posted here to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a restaurant supervisor?
Besides the restaurant supervisor job description, we also provide interview question samples. You can find them on another page on this web. You can use them to interview the candidates.
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Hostess Job Description and The Requirements to Know
- Wait Staff Job Description and Interview FAQs
- Customer Service Representative Job Description and Its FAQ
- Shift Supervisor Job Description: Giving Information About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Field Supervisor Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Prepare Your Dream Job
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Restaurant Manager Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Possess As A Restaurant Manager
- Server Job Description and Its FAQs
- Food Runner Job Description and its FAQ
- Waiter Job Description and FAQs
- 6+ Restaurant Manager Resume
- Call Center Supervisor Job Description – Skills To Master And Requirements To Fulfill
- Housekeeping Supervisor Job Description – Skills And Requirements You Must Know
- Service Advisor Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Deli Clerk Job Description and Its FAQ
- Assistant Manager Job Description and the FAQ
- Janitorial Supervisor Job Description – Understanding What To Prepare Before Making Application
- Cashier Job Description and Its Requirements
- Train Conductor Job Description and FAQs
- Customer Service Associate Job Description
- Health Care Customer Service Representative Job Description
- Customer Relationship Manager Job Description: What To Know To Become A Customer Relationship Manager
- Store Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Warehouse Supervisor Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Warehouse Supervisor
- Busboy Job Description and its FAQ
- Waitress Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As A Waitress
- Bar Manager Job Description
- Sushi Chef Job Description and its responsibilities