A pet groomer is a person who performs different grooming duties needed to increase pet’s hygiene and improve their physical look. He or she baths, brushes & dries pets, cleans their ears & teeth, and trims their hair/fur & nails. When it comes to the pet groomer job description, it means we do not only talk about its responsibilities but also its requirements.
Pet Groomer Job Description Template
We are hiring a pet groomer now. If you are interested, you must be friendly to pets. In this role, you will be tasked to perform duties related to grooming or ensure that pets are clean, neat & look best. The more detailed tasks & duties will be presented in the pet groomer job description template below.
Besides the tasks and duties, we will also talk about its required qualifications. For example, a good pet groomer must be able to comply with the instructions from pet owners and accommodate requests if any. Anyway, he or she will treat animals with the utmost care & love.
Pet Groomer Job Responsibilities
A pet groomer will have great responsibilities. He or she is required to work with love in a professional manner. Below is the list of pet groomer job responsibilities to do:
- Cares and shampoos pets’ hair as required
- Baths, conditions, and dries pets
- Trims pets’ nails, brushes their teeth, & cleans their ears
- Grooms and styles pets according to the standard grooming styles or instructions from pet owners
- Accommodates requests from pet owners
- Identifies health problems in pets like tooth decay, skin conditions or ear infections and informs pet owners about these
- Ensures that pets are safe during the process of grooming
- Cleans work areas routinely
- Recommends best products to pet owners
Pet Groomer Job Requirements
Some qualifications are required. They relate to educational degree, experience, ability, and skill. Below is the list of pet groomer job requirements to meet:
- GED or high school diploma
- Certification from the National Dog Groomer Association of America can be beneficial
- Proven experience in professional grooming
- Good understanding of pet behavior
- Ability for standing for long time periods
- Ability for treating different animals with compassions
- Ability for lifting heavy pets & equipment
- Excellent skills of communication
- Exceptional skills of customer service
Pet Groomer Job Description FAQs
What does a pet groomer do?
A pet groomer performs different grooming duties needed to increase pet’s hygiene and improve their physical look. He or she baths, brushes & dries pets, cleans their ears & teeth, and trims their hair/fur & nails.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The editable pet groomer job description template posted here can be customized easily based on your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a pet groomer?
On this web, we do not only provide the pet groomer job description but also a collection of question samples to interview pet groomer candidates.
- Barber Job Description, Responsibilities, Requirements & FAQs
- Pet Sitter Job Description – Things You Must Know About This Position
- Nail Technician Job Description Template and FAQs
- Hairstylist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Dental Hygienist Job Description – What Are The Requirements And Skills To Have?
- Associate Veterinarian Job Description – What Should You Prepare To Be Successful?
- House Sitter Job Description and its FAQs template
- Dentist Job Description and Its FAQ
- House Cleaner Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A House Cleaner
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Veterinary Assistant Job Description: Finding Out The Responsibility And Requirement
- Piano Teacher Job Description and FAQs
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- PCA Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Church Custodian Job Description, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Animal Trainer Job Description – Requirements and Skills You Must Have
- Dog Walker Job Description – What Are Aspects To Have By A Dog Walker?
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- Accounting Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Caregiver Job Description template and examples
- Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description and FAQs
- Catering Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Field Supervisor Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Prepare Your Dream Job
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Daycare Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Waitress Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As A Waitress
- Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Meteorologist Job Description: Things To Be Prepared To Become A Meteorologist
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Autocad Drafter Job Description – Requirement To Be A Good AutoCad Dafter