The marine mechanic has an important role in the company. They will repair the boat engines. Besides, a marine mechanic also will have main duties like replacing the propeller, fixing the transmission, and also assembling the steering device. Therefore, the marine mechanic job description is useful because it will help you to choose the proper candidate to work in your company.
The marine mechanic job description template
Since a marine mechanic has a big role, you need to be careful to select the candidate for this job position. You need the skilled marine mechanic to inspect, service, and also repair the marine engines for the clients. Besides, the marine mechanic also will be responsible to travel and also seaport where the vessel is located.
On another hand, the marine mechanic also will inspect and service the engine equipment. Addressing the problems with boat steering and hydraulic system are also other duties for a marine mechanic system.
To succeed as a marine mechanic, you need to have extensive knowledge of motorboat engines and also able to work on land and at the sea. The top candidate for this job position is expertly to diagnose and fix the problems with a marine electrical and mechanical system of any size.
The marine mechanic responsibilities
The marine mechanic has some responsibilities that should be known well. Some marine mechanic responsibilities descriptions are:
- Going to marina or dock where the vessel is placed
- Check the performance of the marine engine and also its electrical system
- Bring the service out and minor repairs on outboard, inboard and also ship engines
- Obey the plumbing and intake repairs
- Remove the broken or worn out engine parts
- Repair the faulty hydraulic and steering systems
- Obey the electrical AC system maintenance
- Finished the service records and also repair the documents
- Purchasing necessary supplies, tools, and also equipment parts
- Replace the engine part like bolts or valves using metalworking equipment
The marine mechanic requirements
Besides, a marine mechanic also has some requirements that should be fulfilled. Some marine mechanic requirement descriptions are:
- High school diploma or degree in mechanical engineering
- Show the work experience as a marine mechanic
- Understanding of marine engine and electrical auxiliary systems
- High-level welding skills
- Understanding the marine hydraulic system and related parts
- Capable to lift heavy equipment and work in confined spaces
- Capable to work at sea
- Understanding of boat steering system
- Ability to stand for a long period
- Solid attention to detail and analytical to solve the problem
The marine mechanic FAQ
How is a marine mechanic’s job environment?
As you see in the sample marine mechanic job description above, the marine mechanic environment is not easy. You need to stand for a long period and also able to handle a high noise level. Moreover, they can work for recreation industries or boat building companies.
How much is the marine mechanic’s salary?
Although it is not written clearly in the marine mechanic job description template, a marine mechanic salary is median hourly wages. It means that the salary will depend on their position in the boat suitable with the marine mechanic job description.
- Auto Electrician Job Description and its Qualification
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description: What To Know To Become A Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Diesel Mechanic Job Description and Its FAQ
- Mechanic Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Mechanic
- Automotive Technician Job Description and its role
- Auto Mechanic Job Description and FAQ Details
- Electrician apprentice job description and its FAQ
- HVAC technician job description and its FAQs template
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Maintenance Manager Job Description Template and Its Required Qualifications
- Electrical Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Marine Biologist Job Description and its FAQ
- Service Advisor Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Lube Technician Job Description Template and Requirements
- Computer Hardware Engineer Job Description and its requirements
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Maintenance Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Plumber Job Description and its FAQ
- Industrial Electrician Job d Description – Check The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Computer Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Handyman Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Cable Technician Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- Assembler Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Solar Sales Consultant Job Description – What You Must Prepare And Master
- Pipe Fitter Job Description: Introduction To The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Welder Job Description – A Guide To Be A Professional Welder
- Appliance Repair Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Purchasing Manager Job Description and its FAQs
- Line Worker Job Description – Things To Consider Before Writing Your Resume