For the maintenance provider, the maintenance technician runs an important role and it will influence the targets of the company. Yes, based on the maintenance technician job description, an individual in this position has an essential responsibility to keep the good condition of the facility. They also need to make sure those whole facilities can be used with high durability.
Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
The company will look for a talented maintenance technician to fill that position. Since a maintenance technician has an important role, a talented agent can be reliable to handle some jobs, such as conducting the quality assessment, scheduling repairs, and others.
That is why the template of the maintenance technician job description is used for the recruitment process. A template will show the default shape of the detailed information that the candidate should learn before they join to fill the needed position.
On another hand, a template is also useful to ease the recruiter in getting the new agent. Through a template, of course, you –as the recruiter, do not need to make a recruitment document from a blank paper. You just need to personalize the default information there.
Maintenance Technician Responsibilities
Performing maintenance for some facilities becomes the main responsibility of a maintenance technician. However, substantively, an agent of a maintenance technician still has some other responsibilities to be considered, such as:
- Inspecting buildings, equipment, and the systems to identify some issues
- Repairing the broken equipment unites and the damaged structures
- Implementing and developing the procedures of maintenance
- Managing heating and the plumbing system to deliver the functional guarantee
- Planning and scheduling detailed repairs
- Conducting periodic quality check on the equipment and system to make sure that everything is nice and follow the standard
- Performing the general maintenance including painting, landscaping, and carpentry
- Helping develop and implement the budget for the maintenance department
- Maintaining the inventory records for the supplies and equipment
Maintenance Technician Requirements
To handle all the mentioned responsibilities, of course, a candidate of the maintenance technician should fulfill the basic requirements that are needed. Kinds of the requirements to be considered by the candidate to join as the maintenance technician are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Certificate in building maintenance technology, HVAC, and others
- Experiences in similar roles
- In-depth knowledge about the hydraulic system and electrical
- Advanced understanding of procedures and techniques of the general maintenance
- Physically capable and available to work overtime, especially in weekends, public holidays, and evenings
- Effective abilities for problem-solving
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills and prioritize kinds of tasks
Maintenance Technician FAQ
Can I add or edit the samples of the job description?
Yes, you can. All samples here are editable. You may personalize the job description based on the detailed requirements that you need.
What information should I include when I make a maintenance technician job description?
Detailed requirements become the main matter to be written there. Then, a job description also should tell the tasks of the agent.
Do you have interview questions for a maintenance technician?
Yes, we do. Besides the maintenance technician job description, these are some samples of the interview questions for the candidate. Find it on the other side of this page.
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- IT Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Auto Body Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Pharmacy Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Sterile Processing Technician Job Description and Its Requirements
- Production Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Nurse Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Appliance Repair Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Computer Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description and FAQs
- Radiology Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- HVAC technician job description and its FAQs template
- Flight Attendant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Laundry Attendant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Computer Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Gastroenterologist Job Description and Its FAQ
- IT Consultant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Cable Technician Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- IT Auditor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Framing Carpenter Job Description and Its FAQ
- Operations Analyst Job Description and Its FAQ
- Information Technology Job Description and Its Requirements
- Optometric Technician Job Description: What To Write To Become A Qualified Optometric Technician
- Clinical Technician Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Interior Designer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Videographer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Automotive Technician Job Description and its role
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Economist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Endocrinologist Job Description and Its FAQ