A maintenance manager is a person who develops maintenance procedures & ensures implementation, carries out inspections of facilities for identifying & resolving issues, and checks hydraulic & electrical systems of building in order to ensure functionality. In this article, we will discuss about the maintenance manager job description in more detailed.’
Maintenance Manager Job Description Template
We are hiring a maintenance manager now. In this role, a maintenance manager oversees installation, repair & upkeep operations of the facilities in the company. You will also be tasked to make sure that your colleagues have the physical resources to complete their tasks based on the budget.
A good maintenance manager must have an understanding of electrical & plumbing systems and carpentry & other crafts. A good candidate must be familiar with administrative tasks like budgeting, reporting, etc. Now, let’s see the following maintenance manager job description template.
Maintenance Manager Job Responsibilities
A maintenance manager aims to ensure that the company facilities are cared for well & adequate to support business operations of the company. Here, is the list of maintenance manager job responsibilities to do:
- Develops maintenance procedures as well as ensures implementation
- Carries out inspections of the company facilities for identifying & resolving issues
- Checks hydraulic & electrical systems of building for ensuring functionality
- Plans and oversees all activities of installation & repair
- Allocates workload & supervises upkeep staff including janitors, custodians, etc
- Monitors equipment inventory as well as places orders when needed
- Monitors expenses and controls the maintenance budget
- Manages relationships with service providers & contractors
- Keeps logs of maintenance and reports daily activities
- Ensures that safety & health policies are complied with
Maintenance Manager Job Requirements
Some qualifications are required to be a maintenance manager. The required qualifications include experience, knowledge, ability, skills, educational degree, and certification. So, make sure that the candidates meet the following maintenance manager job requirements:
- Experience in managerial role especially as a maintenance manager
- Experience in working to plan maintenance operations
- Understanding of technical aspects of electrical system, carpentry, plumbing, etc
- Knowledge of facilities equipment & machines
- Ability to keep track of activity and report on it
- Great interpersonal & communication skills
- Good leadership & organizational abilities
- High school diploma, BSc/BA or a degree from a vocational school in facility management or business administration is a benefit
- Valid CMM (Certified Maintenance Manager) is a plus
Maintenance Manager Job Description FAQs
What does a maintenance manager do?
A maintenance manager develops maintenance procedures & ensures implementation, carries out inspections of facilities for identifying & resolving issues, and checks hydraulic & electrical systems of building in order to ensure functionality.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The editable maintenance manager job description can be customized easily to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a maintenance manager?
Besides the maintenance manager job description, some interview question samples are also available on this web.
- IT Director Job Description and Its Requirements
- Maintenance Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Compliance Manager Job Description: Things to Understand Before Applying
- Marine Mechanic Job Description and its FAQ
- Information Technology Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Operations Specialist Job Description and its FAQ template
- Handyman Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Website Manager Job Description Template and FAQs
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Electrical Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Business Systems Analyst Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Become A Business Systems Analyst
- Quality Assurance Manager Job Description and its responsibilities
- Logistics Manager Job Description and its Requirements
- Operations Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Administrative Services Manager Job Description: Giving Information About The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Assistant Property Manager Job Description and its Duties
- Senior Account Manager Job Description: What To Prepare To Become A Senior Account Manager
- System Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Cable Technician Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- Property Manager Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Operations Research Analyst Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Customer Service Manager Job Description
- Things To Be Highlighted In Inventory Manager Job Description
- Principle Software Engineer Job Description, Requirements, and FAQs
- Auto Electrician Job Description and its Qualification
- Restaurant Supervisor Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties