The kitchen porter has responsibilities to wash all the dishes, cooking equipment, and utensils. He or she must assist the cooks and chefs in preparing the food and make sure the kitchen is clean and hygienic. Generally, the kitchen porter is working in hotels, hospitals, and other establishments that provide food. You can learn further about the kitchen porter job description bellow.
The Responsibilities In The Kitchen Porter Job Description
Cleaning and sanitizing
The kitchen porter is responsible for cleaning and sanitizing the dishes, kitchen walls, ovens, grills, sinks, and stoves. The kitchen porter must also clean and sanitize the meal preparation.
The job is not only stopping at washing but also making sure the area of the kitchen is clean too. For example, doing mopping and sweeping during the shift and after the shift ends. All of the requirements that need to be washed include cutting boards, dirty dishes, cooking equipment, and utensils. Additionally, the kitchen porter
also make sure the food mixer, cooker, and other cooking equipment are working well.
Besides cleaning and washing, the kitchen porter is also responsible for receiving as well as ass unpacking deliveries.
Other tasks to perform related to the cleanliness are emptying, washing, and re-lining the garbage beans. The kitchen porter also must make sure freezers, storages, and kitchen refrigerators are well-organized and clean.
The kitchen porters are the ones who help the chef to make basic food preparation such as peeling, cutting, and washing the ingredients based on the instructions from the chef.
The Requirements In The Kitchen Porter Job Description
- Educational Background – To be a kitchen porter, the candidate must have at least a high school diploma with a food handler license. He or she must be experienced in commercial kitchen environments and have strong knowledge about the health and safety of food regulation.
- Skills – The skills required include organizational, management, and communication skills. The candidate must have a strong willingness to stand for a long period.
What’s A Kitchen Porter’s Main Role?
A kitchen porter has a role to make sure the kitchen is clean. He or she also assists the kitchen cook with preparing the ingredients, equipment, and utensils. The main role of the kitchen porter is to wash all of the dirty utensils, kitchen sets, and others which later will be used to make food.
What Are Important Ways To Remember To Become A Professional Kitchen Porter?
You must have excellent communication skills. You need to have a strong understanding of interpreting commands and procedures. And most importantly, all of your work must adhere to the safety and health regulations.
What Are The General Tasks Of A Kitchen Porter?
Generally, the kitchen porter will do cleaning, sanitizing, sweeping, mopping, washing dishes, and making cooking preparation.
If you are planning to work in this position, you need to have a strong commitment. This job requires a lot of activities and it is important to have a strong physical condition. Lastly, read the kitchen porter job description and then evaluate your resume.
- Kitchen Assistant Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Kitchen Helper Job Description and Its FAQ
- Dishwasher Job Description and FAQs Template
- Food Preparation Worker Job Description: Find More About The Requirements And Responsibilities Here
- Day Porter Job Description: What To Know To Become A Day Porter
- What You Need To Prepare In A Prep Cook Job Description
- Executive Chef Job Description and Important FAQ Details
- Sushi Chef Job Description and its responsibilities
- Kitchen Manager Job Description – Requirements And Skills To Have
- Dietary Aide Job Description – The Most Important Things To Know Before Writing The Job Description
- House Cleaner Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A House Cleaner
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Line Cook Job Description – What To Know Before Hiring A New Staff
- Food Runner Job Description and its FAQ
- Residential Cleaner Job Description and its requirements
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Shift Leader Job Description: Things To Be Underlined To Become A Shift Leader
- 9+ Chef Resume Template
- Barista Job Description and Its Requirements
- Sous Chef Job Description and Its Frequent FAQs
- Breakfast Attendant Job Description – Responsibilities and Requirements To Know
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- Laundry Attendant Job Description and Its FAQ
- PCA Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Catering Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Shift Supervisor Job Description: Giving Information About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Sterile Processing Technician Job Description and Its Requirements
- Room Attendant Job Description: What You Need To Understand To Become A Room Attendant
- Janitorial Supervisor Job Description – Understanding What To Prepare Before Making Application