What do you know about an illustrator? An illustrator works to produce original pictures by using various colors, effects, and graphics. He usually collaborates with clients and marketers to create ideas of inspiring illustrations. To know more about an illustrator job description, you can read the following details.
Some Essential Duties in the Illustrator Job Description
There are some duties that an illustrator must do. What are they? Let’s check them one by one.
1. Brainstorm ideas
The first duty of an illustrator is that he must brainstorm ideas. When an illustrator brainstorm ideas, he is assisted by the marketing and design teams. It is aimed to meet the messages that the clients and marketing teams want to convey through the illustrations.
2. Prepare a rough concept
The next duty of an illustrator is that he has to prepare rough concept illustrations. He should confirm the clients and marketing teams whether the illustrations are suitable with their specifications.
3. Set the budget
Then, in this illustrator job description, an illustrator needs to set the budget for his illustrations. He can set the prices based on the difficulties of the design. He also needs to assign the time limitations of creating the illustrations.
4. Draw full illustrations
After dealing budget with the clients, an illustrator can start drawing the full illustrations. He sometimes needs to combine hand-drawing and digital media to draw images. Besides, he should use various tones of colors and graphics to develop the designs. He may uses illustration software such as Photoshop and CorelDRAW to refine the images.
5. Produce high-quality final illustrations
The last duty of an illustrator is that he must produce high-quality final illustrations. He must make sure that the printed version under the requested colors and quality standards.
Some Important Requirements in the Illustrator Job Description
If you are interested in this job description, you need to know some of the important requirements below.
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree in Fine Arts
The first requirement if you want to apply for an illustrator is that you have to be a Bachelor of Fine Arts or Graphic Design. It will also be considered if you qualify for a High School Diploma with relevant fields.
2. Have proven experience
The next requirement is having a proven work experience. It is important if you want to apply for an illustrator position, you should have 1 or more years of work experience as an illustrator or graphic designer.
3. Have portfolios
The last requirement is that you must have portfolios. It is a must for you to have completed illustration portfolios to be considered by the clients and marketing teams. They need to decide whether your designs suit their needs.
What is the role of an illustrator?
An illustrator works to produce original pictures by using various colors, effects, and graphics. He usually collaborates with clients and marketers to create ideas of inspiring illustrations.
What are the most common duties of this position?
The most common duties are brainstorming ideas, preparing a rough concept, setting budgets, and other crucial duties.
What should you do before assigning an illustrator job description?
You have to consider the responsibilities of an illustrator if you want to assign it. If you feel difficult to start, you can have a look at the list of requirements on the illustrator job description above.
To sum up, that is about the important information that you have to put in an illustrator job description. You can apply as an illustrator if you are interested.
- Researcher Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Job
- Sales Analyst Job Description: Things to Read About Your Future Career
- Product Developer Job Description: Necessary Information to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- Production Engineer Job Description: Essential Information About Duties, Responsibilities, And Requirements
- Find Out More In The Cad Technician Job Description If You Want To Become Successful CAD Technician
- Kinesiologist Job Description: Essential Things to Comprehend Before Applying for the Job
- Copy Editor Job Description: Significant Details About Your Dream Career
- Cost Analyst Job Description: Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- Email Marketing Specialist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Future Career
- Dean of Students Job Description: Things to Comprehend Before Applying for The Job
- Senior Project Manager Job Description: Important Information About Your Future Career
- Preschool Director Job Description – Knowing The Duties Are Not Enough For This Position
- Assistant General Manager Job Description: Things to Know About Your Future Career
- Kitchen Staff Job Description: A Useful Guideline For Preparing To Become A Qualified Kitchen Staff
- Concierge Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements To Be Qualified In This Position
- What To Write And Prepare In The Nurse Manager Job Description
- Music Editor Job Description – The Career Path, Skills, And Responsibilities
- Things You Must Know In The Senior Accountant Job Description To Create Good Resume
- Stage Manager Job Description – The Responsibilities, Duties, Skills Required, And Career Path
- Find Out Essential Information About The Martial Arts Instructor Job Description For Being The Professional Ones
- Things You Need To Know In the Forestry Technician Job Description If You Want To Be Successful Forestry Technician
- Public Information Officer Job Description: Essential Things to Read Before Sending Your CV
- Research Specialist Job Description: Important Information About Your Dream Career
- Optometrist Job Description: Essential Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- UI Developer Job Description: Important Information to Recite About Your Future Job
- Desktop Support Technician Job Description: Important Things to Understand Before Applying for the Job
- Beauty Therapist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Career
- Commis Chef Job Description – Skills To Add To Be A Professional One
- Neuroscientist Job Description – Understanding The Skills, And Duties
- Collector Job Description – Skills And Responsibilities Required