How is a firefighter’s job description like? A firefighter works to put out fire and rescue people inside the burning building. He also has to assist people in their emergencies where their environment is at risk. To know more about a firefighter job description, let’s check this out.
Some Important Duties in the Firefighter Job Description
There are some duties that a firefighter has to do. What are they? Here are the following details.
1. Rescue victims
The first duty of a firefighter is that he must find people in the burning building. It is crucial to saving people’s life by checking their vital respiration. After that, he must rescue them by bringing them out of the burning buildings. Then, he has to call ambulances.
2. Put out fires
The next duty of a firefighter is to put out fires. A firefighter has to minimize the spread of fires by using water hoses, water pumps, and other equipment. Also, he must make sure that he has put out fires and there is no possibility of other stuff that may explode and cause fires.
3. Coordinate with police
Then, in this firefighter job description, a firefighter has to coordinate with police when there is a fire. It is because the police will sterilize the location of people around the burning buildings. Then, the firefighter and police have to analyze the cause of fires and the number of victims.
4. Write reports
Another duty of a firefighter is that he should write reports. He needs to describe emergency incidents in detail. After that, he must submit the reports to the management.
5. Inspect and maintain equipment
The last duty of a firefighter is to inspect and maintain firefighting and rescue equipment. He has to check if there is any broken stuff and repair them soon. It is because he has to prepare for emergencies every time.
Some Important Requirements in the Firefighter Job Description
If you are interested in this job description, you need to know some of the important requirements below.
1. Have a High School Diploma
The first requirement that you have to fulfill if you want to be a firefighter is that you have to qualify for a High School Diploma. Besides, it will also be considered if you have a GED certificate.
2. Have a proven experience
The next requirement is that you must have proven work experience as a babysitter. It is important if you want to be a babysitter you should have 6 months or more of work experience in a childcaring.
3. Have first aid and CPR skills
Then, if you want to be a firefighter, it will be more considerate if you qualify for first aid or CPR. It is crucial because it is one of your duties to rescue people and animals. Therefore, you need to be well-knowledge about this.
What is the primary role of a firefighter?
A firefighter has a job to put out fire and rescue people inside the burning building. He also has to assist people in their emergencies where their environment is at risk.
What are the most common duties of this position?
The most common duties are to rescue victims, put out fires, coordinate with police, and other essential duties.
What should you do before assigning a firefighter job description?
You have to consider the duties of a firefighter if you want to assign it. If you feel difficult to start, you can have a look at the list of requirements on the firefighter job description above.
To sum up, that is about the important information that you have to put in a firefighter job description. You can apply as a firefighter if you are interested.
- Emergency Operations Plan Template
- Emergency Action Plan Template
- Police Officer Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Evacuation Plan Template
- Police Sergeant Job Description Template and FAQs
- Recreation Assistant Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Compliance Manager Job Description: Things to Understand Before Applying
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description: What To Know To Become A Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Babysitter Job Description: The Requirements And Duties To Note
- Clinical Technician Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Senior Executive Assistant Job Description: Important Things to Read About Your Future Job
- Medical Examiner Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Medical Examiner
- Community Manager Job Description: What To Note To Become A Successful Community Manager?
- Forensic Anthropologist Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Day Porter Job Description: What To Know To Become A Day Porter
- Chief Development Officer Job Description: Knowing the Main Duties and Requirements
- Chief Investment Officer Job Description: Things To Understand Before Writing The Resume
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- Driving Instructor Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Driving Instructor
- Industrial Hygienist Job Description: Important Information to Read Before Applying for The Job
- Lifeguard Job Description – What Requirements To Underline To Be A Successful Lifeguard
- Wealth Manager Job Description: Essential Information to Read Before Applying for The Job
- Payroll Specialist Job Description: What To Know And Prepare To Become A Successful Payroll Specialist
- Optician Job Description: Important Things to Read Before Applying for The Job
- Salon Manager Job Description: Things To Be Prepared To Become A Qualified Salon Manager
- Personal Stylist Job Description: Some Key Points To Note
- Audio Engineer Job Description: Getting To Know Its Duties And Skills
- Pre K Teacher Job Description: What To Write In The Pre K Teacher Job Description
- What You Need To Write In A Carpenter Job Description
- Tour Guide Job Description Template and FAQs