An apartment maintenance technician can also be called an apartment handyman. His or her responsibility is related to residential block general upkeep. When it comes to apartment maintenance technician job description, there are many tasks & duties to do. In this article, we will discuss about it further. You will see the job description in detailed.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description Template
We are hiring an apartment maintenance technician now. In this role, an apartment maintenance technician oversees daily running of our apartment. You will be tasked to clean communal areas and perform carpentry, hoc painting & electrical duties.
Apartment maintenance must be able to solve complaints and queries related to maintenance from the tenants. A good candidate must demonstrate an organized approach to your duties. Now, let’s pay attention to the following apartment maintenance technician job description template.
Apartment Maintenance Technician Responsibilities
There are many tasks and duties that will be the responsibilities of an apartment maintenance technician. So, make sure that you are familiar with these duties. The detailed apartment maintenance technician responsibilities can be seen in the list below:
- Oils door knobs, gates, hinges, and locks as required
- Repairs and unclogs exterior drains, showers, bathtubs, sinks, and toilets
- Replaces wooden floors and carpets
- Installs and repairs switches, plugs and wires
- Sweeps, mops, and vacuums floors in the communal areas
- Paints exterior walls and communal areas
- Disposes of trash in the communal areas
- Tracks inventory to make sure that you have enough maintenance supplies
- Ensures that emergency exits, alarms, hydrants, and fire extinguishers remain in good conditions
- Unlocks apartments when tenants lost or forgot their keys
- Schedules repairs that warrant special technical skills
Apartment Maintenance Technician Requirements
Every candidate who applies for this position will pass some selections. Before that, there are some requirements you have to meet. The apartment maintenance technician requirements relate to educational degree, experience, certification, ability, and skills as you can see below:
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Experience in the similar role especially as an Apartment Maintenance Technician
- CMRP, HVAC or equivalent certification can be beneficial
- Ability for standing in extended periods
- Ability of lifting 70 pounds without assistance
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational & interpersonal skills
- Availability of working on weekends if needed
Apartment Maintenance Technician FAQs
What does an apartment maintenance technician do?
One of the main responsibilities of an apartment maintenance technician relates to residential block general upkeep. The more detailed duties can be seen in the job description template above.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The editable apartment maintenance technician job description can be customized easily. Just feel free to add or remove the details in it.
Do you have interview questions for an apartment maintenance technician?
Besides the apartment maintenance technician job description, interview question samples are also available. You can find them on another page on this web.
- Optometric Technician Job Description: What To Write To Become A Qualified Optometric Technician
- Maintenance Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Auto Body Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Custodian Job Description – What To Know Before Posting A Job Description
- HVAC technician job description and its FAQs template
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Nurse Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Lube Technician Job Description Template and Requirements
- Housekeeper Job Description for Best Recruitment
- Janitor Job Description and Its Requirements
- Pharmacy Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Mechanic Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Mechanic
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Nail Technician Job Description Template and FAQs
- Sterile Processing Technician Job Description and Its Requirements
- Information Technology Job Description and Its Requirements
- IT Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Car Detailer Job Description and Its Requirement
- Landscaper Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Help Desk Technician Job Description – Skills And Requirements To Look For In A Candidate
- Automotive Technician Job Description and its role
- What To Write In A Behavioral Health Technician Job Description
- Appliance Repair Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Maintenance Manager Job Description Template and Its Required Qualifications
- Computer Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Patient Care Technician Job Description – What Skills And Requirements Do You Need To Have?
- EKG technician job description and its FAQ template
- Handyman Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Clinical Technician Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements