A senior QA engineer is a person whose responsibilities is to review quality specifications & technical design documents in order to provide meaningful & timely feedback; create comprehensive, detailed, & well-structured test plans & cases; and estimate, prioritize, plan, & coordinate quality testing activities. For the more detailed senior QA engineer job description, let’s see the following template.
Senior QA Engineer Job Description Template
We are hiring a senior Quality Assurance (QA) engineer. If you are interested in this position, you will be tasked to develop & execute exploratory as well as automated tests to ensure the quality of product. There are many senior QA engineer responsibilities and requirements to meet.
This is a very important position in our company. If you want to advertise this job career by posting online on internet, you can use the following senior QA engineer job review template. For your information, the following template is downloadable, customizable, and usable.
Senior QA Engineer Responsibilities
The senior quality assurance job description can be seen in the following list:
- Reviewing specifications, requirements, & technical design documents for providing timely & meaningful feedback
- Making well-structured, comprehensive, and detailed test plans & cases
- Estimating, prioritizing, planning, and coordinating activities of testing
- Designing, developing, and executing automation scripts with open source tools
- Identifying, recording, documenting, and tracking bugs
- Performing regression testing after bugs can be resolved
- Developing and applying processes of testing for existing & new products to meet the needs of clients
- Liaising with internal teams to identify requirements of system
- Monitoring debugging process results
- Investigating the non-conforming software causes and training users for implementing solutions
- Tracking QA metrics
- Staying up to date with new testing tools & strategies
Senior QA Engineer Requirements
All candidates who want to apply for this job have to meet the following senior quality assurance engineer requirements:
- Work experience in the relevant field especially software development or software quality assurance
- Good knowledge of software quality assurance methodologies, tools, & processes
- Experience in writing test plans and cases clearly, concisely, & comprehensively
- Experience with white & black box testing
- Experience with auto testing tools
- Knowledge of SQL & scripting
- Working experience in an Agile or Scrum development process
- Experience with performance or security testing can be a benefit
- At least bachelor degree in engineering, computer engineering, or other related subjects
Senior QA Engineer FAQs
What does a senior QA engineer do?
One of the main duties of a senior QA engineer is to review quality specifications & technical design documents in order to provide meaningful & timely feedback.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The job description available in this article is editable so that you can adjust it to your needs. Adding or removing details is possible.
Do you have interview questions for a senior QA engineer?
After reading the senior QA engineer job description above, you may need to learn the interview questions for a senior QA engineer you can find on another page.
- Senior Software Engineer Job Description – Understanding The Requirements And Skills
- Software Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Principle Software Engineer Job Description, Requirements, and FAQs
- Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description: Information Related To Responsibilities And Requirements
- Quality Assurance Specialist Job Description and its FAQs
- Mechanical Engineer Job Description Responsibilities and Requirements
- Test Automation Engineer Job Description: Knowing The Primary Responsibilities And Requirements
- Computer Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Computer Hardware Engineer Job Description and its requirements
- Technical Sales Engineers Job Description: What To Prepare To Become A Technical Sales Engineer
- Technical Support Job Description and its FAQ template
- Aerospace Engineer Job Description and its responsibility template
- Quality Assurance Manager Job Description and its responsibilities
- QA Tester Job Description and its FAQ
- Project Engineer Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- Design Engineer Job Description and its responsibilities
- Process Engineer Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Control Engineer Job Description: What To Write To Become A Success Control Engineer
- Systems Engineer Job Description and its qualification
- Biomedical Engineer Job Description – Every Detail You Need To Know
- Electrical Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Data Analyst Job Description and its Responsibilities template
- Everything To Know In The Embedded Software Engineer Job Description
- Cyber Security Engineer Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Senior Graphic Designer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Civil Engineer Job Description: Things To Be Underlined To Be A Civil Engineer
- What To Write In The Senior .NET Developer Job Description
- CAD Operator Job Description – Everything You Need To Understand
- Software Tester Job Description – What Aspects To Know Before Applying
- Quality Inspector Job Description and Its Requirements