A mystery shopper is hired as an independent contractor by a service provider, department store, retail establishment, restaurant, financial institution, store, or other businesses to measure product quality, customer service, & general environment of the mentioned establishment. So, it is very important to know more about the mystery shopper job description in detailed.
Mystery Shopper Job Description Template
Mainly, a mystery shopper is responsible for making purchase as well as filing reports on his or her shopping experience. It has an important role to meet the expectation of the clients. Here, a mystery shopper pretends to be an ordinary customer while he observes & determines different factors.
Usually, mystery shopper becomes a part-time job for many people. It provides an extra income. With this part-time job, a mystery shopper will get paid once he or she finished job. In this article, we present the detailed job description of a mystery shopper.
Mystery Shopper Responsibilities
A mystery shopper has some common tasks to complete. Basically, the responsibility is to visit retailers or other establishments to evaluate the shopping experience wholly while remaining discreet & pretending to be a common customer. Here is the list of a mystery shopper’s duties:
- Travels to various locations of store when needed
- Finds a product or buy a random product depending on the instruction
- Takes notes during the visit for a report
- Uses his or her own money to buy and then reimburse it after all the tasks are completed
- Uses caution & restraint when buying so as to not go over the set budget
- Keeps the receipt
- Follows the specific instructions of shopping
Besides, there are also some daily tasks a mystery shopper needs to do. Here they are:
- Visits a few stores or other establishments
- Buys a kind of product if required
- Evaluates & documents his or her shopping experience
- Writes & files reports on the shopping experience
Mystery Shopper Requirements
To keep us growing, all the candidates of the mystery shopper have to meet some required qualifications. So, anyway who is interested to apply for this job position, make sure that the following requirements are met:
- Highly motivated, honest, and energetic
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to independently work with no supervision
- Result-oriented with a passion for shopping and an engaging personality
Mystery Shopper FAQs
What does a mystery shopper do?
Mainly, a mystery shopper is tasked to purchase certain products and make a report for the shopping experience. It aims to meet the customers’ expectations.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
The job description posted in this article is editable. So, you can update it to fit your needs. In fact, different companies may give different responsibilities and qualifications.
Do you have interview questions for a mystery shopper?
This web does not only contain the mystery shopper job description but also the samples of interview questions you can use for recruiting a mystery shopper.
- Merchandise Associate Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Courtesy Clerk Job Description and the FAQ
- Tips to create an assistant buyer job description
- Grocery Clerk Job Description template and its FAQs
- Sale Assistant Job Description – Everything You Need To Know About This Position
- Salesperson Job Description: What To Know To Become A Salesperson
- Free Grocery List Template Printable
- Key Holder Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Mechanical Engineer Job Description Responsibilities and Requirements
- Retail Sales Consultant Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Store Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Security Guard Job Description: What To Know To Become A Successful Security Guard
- Counter Sales Job Description: Essential Information About Requirements And Responsibilities
- Director Of Sales Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- District Manager Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Virtual Assistant Job Description: Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Accounting Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Sales and Marketing Manager Job Description and its FAQs
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Information Security Analyst Job Description Sample Template
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Shopping List Printable Free
- Medical Sales Representative Job Description and its Qualification
- Promoter Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Become A Successful Promoter
- Crew Member Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Prepare Your Application
- Customer Service Associate Job Description
- Procurement Officer Job Description: What To Write In The Procurement Officer Job Description
- Product Manager Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Help Desk Technician Job Description – Skills And Requirements To Look For In A Candidate
- Forensic Anthropologist Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements