A lubrication technician or lube technician is employed by a car dealership or automotive repair shop to maintain vehicles. He or she lubricates vehicle engine parts & wheel bearings. Besides that, a lube technician also replaces fuel filters, cabin, oil, and air. For the detailed lube technician job description, let’s pay attention to the following template.
Lube Technician Job Description Template
We are hiring a lube technician to maintain & service vehicles of the customers. The lube technician tasks and duties are to prepare vehicle service reports in detailed, replace vehicle wipe blades & car batteries, and change motor oil, transmission, & brake fluid when needed.
To be a good lube technician, you must have excellent mechanical skills. Besides, you should also adhere to safety procedures & practices. You must also be able to effectively communicate with customers & demonstrate time management skills. Now, let’s see this lube technician job description template.
Lube Technician Responsibilities
A lube technician is given many tasks and duties. It can be different from one to another. For the detailed lube technician responsibilities, let’s see the following list:
- Applies lubricants to the moving parts of engines of vehicles for preventing premature engine wear & ensuring optimal performance of engine
- Lubricates wheel bearings for preventing excising tire wear
- Performs engine cleanings for preventing rust formation
- Replaces oil filters, air, fuel, and cabin as needed
- Performs tire rotations for ensuring even tire wear
- Tests tire pressure & adds air if needed
- Inspects customer’s vehicles thoroughly for oil leaks
- Makes recommendations for additional service based on the initial vehicle inspection
- Notifies Service Advisor when vehicle service or maintenance cannot be completed in scheduled timeframes
Lube Technician Requirements
The candidates have to meet some required qualifications. For the detailed lubrication technician requirements, let’s see the list below:
- GED or high school diploma
- Completion of the program of postsecondary education lube technician
- Automotive Service Excellence certification is a benefit
- Experience in automotive repair & maintenance
- Driver’s license
- Excellent manual dexterity & hand-eye coordination
- Excellent skills of problem solving & time management
- Detail oriented
- Effective skills of communication
- Exceptional skills of customer service
Lube Technician FAQs
What does a lube technician do?
A lube technician lubricates vehicle engine parts & wheel bearings. Besides that, a lube technician also replaces fuel filters, cabin, oil, and air. For the detailed tasks and duties, you can see the job description template above.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Of course, you can. The job description template posted here is editable. So, you are allowed to customize the details to fit your needs. You can easily add or remove the responsibilities and requirements included in the template.
Do you have interview questions for a lube technician?
Besides the lube technician job description, a collection of interview questions is also available on this web. You can find it on another page.
- Automotive Technician Job Description and its role
- Optometric Technician Job Description: What To Write To Become A Qualified Optometric Technician
- Auto Body Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Diesel Mechanic Job Description and Its FAQ
- Apartment Maintenance Technician Job Description and FAQs
- Sterile Processing Technician Job Description and Its Requirements
- Nurse Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Tow Truck Operator Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Become A Tow Truck Operation
- Nail Technician Job Description Template and FAQs
- Service Advisor Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Lot Attendant Job Description – What Should You Know Before Applying?
- Fleet Manager Job Description: Things To Underline Before Writing The Fleet Manager Job Description
- HVAC technician job description and its FAQs template
- Lab Technician Job Description: Knowing The Complete Detail Of Its Requirements And Responsibilities
- Pest Control Technician Job Description – What To Have As A Candidate
- Mechanic Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Mechanic
- Car Detailer Job Description and Its Requirement
- Maintenance Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Computer Technician Job Description and its FAQ
- Auto Electrician Job Description and its Qualification
- Radiology Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Pharmacy Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Appliance Repair Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- EKG technician job description and its FAQ template
- Industrial Maintenance Technician Job Description and its requirements
- Valet Job Description: Guide To Be A Valet
- IT Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- What To Write In A Behavioral Health Technician Job Description
- Help Desk Technician Job Description – Skills And Requirements To Look For In A Candidate