A legal secretary is a person who provides administrative supports to one or some lawyers, communicates effectively with partners, colleagues, clients & witnesses, and greets visitors & performs following legal secretary job description.
Legal Secretary Job Description Template
We are hiring a legal secretary now. In this role, you will undertake different clerical & administrative tasks. You also work under an attorney’s supervision. In addition, you will provide supports in assigned legal cases.
A legal secretary aims to sustain office procedure & case management efficiency in order to guarantee consistency as well as reliability. The following legal secretary job description template will present its responsibilities and requirements in detailed.
Legal Secretary Job Responsibilities
There are many tasks and duties a legal secretary will have to do every day. Different companies may give different duties but basically they are similar. Below is the list of legal secretary job responsibilities. Make sure that the candidates are familiar with these.
- Provides administrative supports to one or some lawyers
- Communicates effectively with partners, colleagues, clients, and witnesses
- Greets visitors as well as performs clients’ initial screening
- Attends trials as well as type minute
- Writes case briefs & synopses of testimony, contracts, and depositions
- Conducts thorough documentary or statistical research
- Sources and verifies different legal documents like petitions, motions, and appeals
- Preserves an updated case record system
- Answers phone cells, takes messages or notes, and redirects calls if appropriate
- Maintains and updates contact detail inventories
- Facilitates the deadline meeting by keeping various agendas
- Provides timely reminders
Legal Secretary Job Requirements
Everyone who is interested in this position has to meet some requirements. The requirements relate to experience, knowledge, skills, ability, and educational degree. Below is the list of legal secretary job requirements in detailed:
- Proven work experience in the similar role especially as a legal secretary
- Knowledge of court system, regulations, legal terminology, and constitution
- Knowledge of Ms. Office
- Ability to work with legal tech such as Dictaphone, transcription software, court-filing computer systems, etc
- Working knowledge of litigation management software systems can be a benefit
- Proficiency in English language
- Great typing and time management skills
- Ability of multitasking & being comfortable to deal with a different pool of persons
- Legal secretary certification / diploma
Legal Secretary Job Description FAQs
What does a legal secretary do in a company?
A legal secretary provides administrative supports to one or some lawyers, communicates effectively with partners, colleagues, clients & witnesses, and greets visitors & performs clients’ initial screening.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Yes, you can. The editable legal secretary job description can be customized easily. Just feel free to add or remove the details in it.
Do you have interview questions for a legal secretary?
We do not only provide the legal secretary job description but also some interview question samples.
- Secretary Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Legal Administrative Assistant Job Description and its requirements
- Legal Job Descriptions and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Legal Assistant Job Description – What To Include In Your Resume
- Attorney Job Description and its requirements
- Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- City Clerk Job Description and Duty FAQs
- Law Clerk Job Description and Its FAQ
- Office Manager Job Description and Its Detailed Requirements
- Civil Rights Attorney Job Description and Its FAQ
- Family Lawyer Job Description: Understanding the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Patent Lawyer Job Description and its responsibilities
- Progressive Claims Adjuster Trainee Job Description – What To Know Before Posting The Job Description!
- General Counsel Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Office Assistant Job Description And Its Requirements
- Catering Coordinator Job Description – What Skills And requirements To Have?
- Marketing Assistant Job Description: Giving Information About The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Behavior Technician Job Description: Knowing The Information Related To The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Medical Receptionist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Back Office Executive Job Description – What You Need To Understand Before Applying
- Administrative Coordinator Job Description and Its FAQ
- Administrative Analyst Job Description – Things You Must Know Before Applying
- Administrative Assistant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Assistant Project Manager Job Description: Finding Out More About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Assistant Property Manager Job Description and its Duties
- Real Estate Lawyer Job Description Template, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Criminal Lawyer Job Description – Skills and Responsibilities To Know
- Clerk Job Description – What To Know Before Applying
- Budget Analyst Job Description and Its Requirements