Being a lawyer needs a long process and specific qualifications and requirements to meet. Managing legal issues need an excellent knowledge of law and regulations to reach the best solutions to each problem that a lawyer faces. A lot of law schools are available these days to prepare law students to be good lawyers.
If you are enrolling in a law school as preparation for your career, you need to take a look at a lawyer’s resume written in this article. There is a lawyer resume sample and some resume templates to help you get your choice on your hands.
Sample of Criminal Lawyer Resume
We provide the sample of criminal lawyer resumes below to give you a clearer look at how a good lawyer resume is written.
Phone: (555) 123-234-456
A professional and certified criminal lawyer with 4+ years of experience in handling legal issues, representing clients in solving criminal issues, and conducting administrative law regulations and responsibilities. Having a strong knowledge background in criminal law and regulations with a detailed-oriented tendency and critical thinking skills, Tristan is looking for a Criminal Lawyer job at XYZ Law Firm.
Criminal Lawyer at ABC Company
2019 – present
- Handling clients’ legal issues to find the best solution
- Attending courts in the representative of the clients
- Defending clients in the courts against the charges
- Researching criminal regulations and law to keep up-to-date with the law development
- Winning seventy-five percent of criminal cases with 90% clients’ satisfaction of the result
Criminal Lawyer at Smiths Law Firm
2017 – 2019
- Handling clients’ legal issues regarding criminal cases to find the best solutions
- Conducting consultation sessions with clients who are in jail regarding their cases
- Being the clients’ representative in courts
- Building relationship with District Attorneys
- Trying to secure lower chargers to the clients during the court session
- Winning sixty percent of cases handled by the law firm regarding criminal trials
Juris Doctor Degree – Law at ABC University, 2014
Bachelor’s Degree – International Law and Political Science at XYZ Law School, 2010
GPA: 3.93 (Top 5% of the Program)
Relevant Coursework: Seminar on Criminal Cases Trials and Courts, Research Writing on Collective Violence and Criminal Justice System.
Membership: Business Club, Juris Doctor Degree Alumni, International Law, and Political Science Students Association
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent knowledge understanding of law and regulations regarding criminal cases
- Critical thinking
- Negotiation skills
- Time management
- Leadership skill
Achievements and Certifications
- Graduated with Cum-laude Score
- Certified Criminal Lawyer from Criminal Trial Advocacy
- Passive Spanish
How to Write a Lawyer Resume
There are ways in writing a good lawyer resume no matter which specialties you are in.
- Choose the best lawyer resume format to sum up all needed information. It doesn’t have to be fancy and colorful, choose the one that is easy to read.
- Create a persuasive profile summary. It’s always the first thing to catch on attention.
- Write best relevant lawyer skills. Mention some skills that are common like communication skills, but also mention specific skills that relate to your job, in this case, lawyer, such as a good understanding of the legal issue.
- Add with a relevant education background.
- Tailor your resume specifically for your job, not too general.
Relevant Lawyer Skills to Write on a Resume
It is mentioned before that you need common and specific skills to write on your lawyer’s resume. So, we collect some relevant skills that you can write to enrich your resume.
- Excellent knowledge of legal issues and research
- Persuasive arguments
- Good oral and written communications
- Excellent presentation skills
- Analytical and logical thinking
- Knowledge in law and regulations depends on your specialties
- Good technology skill
Tips to Make Outstanding Lawyer Resume
After knowing how to write a good lawyer resume and include what skills to write, here are some tips you can use.
- Choose relevant action words that relate to your job. Specify the word choice on your resume for the job you apply for. In a lawyer case, try to use negotiation and counseling.
- Specify all information sections for your job. Include relevant work experience, skills, profile summary, education background, and interests.
- Read the job descriptions carefully and put a well-thought-out related keyword for your work experience though. It is necessary to avoid the elimination of the first resume screening phase.
Kinds of Lawyer Resumes
Want to save your time? You can use some lawyer resumes available online to get a professional resume without taking too much of your time. There are several lawyer specialties you can choose based on your needs.
Personal Injury Lawyer Resume Template
This resume is designed for the personal injury lawyer specialty. With complete information on lawyer qualifications and work experience, this template can be a good option for you.
Immigration Lawyer Resume Free Download
If you focus on handling immigration matters, this resume template is available for you. It provides thorough information on the academic background and additional lawyer-related experience to improve your image.
Free Professional Lawyer Resume Template
When you have been a lawyer for years, this template allows you to have a comprehensive summary of your professional work and achievements. It is also free to download for the applicants.
Free Real Estate Lawyer Resume Word Download
This resume template focuses on the real-estate lawyer to handle property matters. With a strong objective, the employer can have a glimpse of your ability and experience as a lawyer.
Junior Lawyer Resume Free Download
If you start a career as a junior lawyer, this functional resume will highlight your skills as a lawyer and tell the employers of your relevant experience to boost your image.
Free Criminal Defense Lawyer Resume Template
This free resume template is designed specifically for a criminal defense lawyer. Written in Ms. Word file format, you can download and edit the template to suit your needs.
Family Advocate Resume Example
This resume template allows the family advocate to have a well-structured and neat resume to send. It has a big section of work experience where the applicants can have thorough information for the employer.
Public Defender Resume Example
Use this template if you become a public defender. A strong profile summary with relevant skills and experience will help you in landing a job as a public defender.
Senior Associate Resume Template
The senior associate is expected to use this template to have an appropriate resume. Use a colorful theme, this resume is dominated by black and green colors to contrast each other.
Corporate Counsel Resume Example
This resume template is for corporate counsel to use. Using a formal tone and neat format, this template creates a professional finish look for your resume.
- Criminal Lawyer Job Description – Skills and Responsibilities To Know
- Family Lawyer Job Description: Understanding the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Corporate Lawyer Job Description and its FAQs
- Lawyer Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Lawyer
- Real Estate Lawyer Job Description Template, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Patent Lawyer Job Description and its responsibilities
- 6+ Police Officer Resume Templates
- 3+ Electrician Resume
- 3+ Dental Assistant Resume
- 4+ CEO Resume Template
- Law Clerk Job Description and Its FAQ
- 5+ Driver Resume
- 9+ Construction Resume Template
- 8+ Personal Trainer Resumes
- 8+ Sample Senior Administrative Assistant Resume
- 4+ Bank Teller Resume
- 10+ Housekeeping Resume Example
- 5+ Mechanic Resume
- 10+ Free Resume Samples
- 5+ Makeup Artist Resumes
- 10+ Computer Science Resume Examples
- 8+ Supervisor Resume
- 8+ Hair Stylist Resume
- 6+ Fresher Resume Template
- Civil Rights Attorney Job Description and Its FAQ
- 6+ Custodian Resume
- 6+ Firefighter Resume
- 10+ Nurse Resume
- 10+ Secretary Resume Sample
- 6+ Welder Resume