Since English becomes the world-wide language, an English teacher for the high school runs a very important role. Well, based on the high school English teacher job description, an English teacher will teach everything about English. They do not only teach about the English theory but also how to apply the language perfectly in their prior communication.
High School English Teacher Job Description Template
The manager of the high school will look for a reliable and talented English teacher to join with the other staff. Well, a high school English teacher will have some responsibilities to handle, such as planning the lessons and build the best curriculum to make sure that the learning will be successful.
On another hand, high school English teachers also should coordinate with the other staff to find the best formula for teaching. Sometimes, they need to apply unusual learning technique, so the students will understand the English materials maximally.
To be a successful high school English teacher, a candidate should have in-depth knowledge about English. Then, they also need to be familiar with the English novel, poetry, and other fields. The detailed requirements and tasks will be shown in the high school English teacher job description.
High School English Teacher Responsibilities
Teaching about English becomes the main responsibility of the high school English teacher. However, a person in this position still faces some other responsibilities in running their task, such as:
- Reading all prescribed poetry, novels, and other additional resources to gain the English materials for the learning process
- Collaborating with the English department staff to develop the teaching strategies, lesson plans, and some other matters
- Preparing the students for formal and informal assessments
- Grading tests, pop quizzes, exams, assignments, and other assessment for the students
- Communicating with the parents of the students to inform the result and achievement of the learning process
- Organizing literary events, guest speakers, and some other tips to gain the learning process
- Keeping abreast of current events
- Incorporating kinds of English events as the additional strategy of learning
- Ensuring the school curriculum
- Assessing the needs of the students
- Providing supports and extra resources to improve the English skills of the students
- Using the technology to improve the lesson delivery techniques
High School English Teacher Requirements
To handle all the mentioned responsibilities, a candidate of the high school English teacher should fulfill some needed requirements. It becomes the reference and standard for the recruiter to find a talented high school English teacher.
The needed requirements to be fulfilled by a candidate are:
- Bachelor’s degree in literature, English, and other similar disciplines
- Relevant certifications or license
- A complete teaching experience
- Strong interest in language and literature
- Understanding and excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability for multitasking
- Great control for the high-stress environment
- Ability to work with the team
- Ability to work under pressure
- An innovative thinker
High School English Teacher FAQ
What are the main duties of the high school English teacher?
Teaching becomes the main duty of the high school English teacher. However, the teacher also needs to arrange the materials and plans to make sure that the learning processes are running well.
Can I edit the posted high school English teacher job description?
All samples of the high school English teacher job description here are editable. You can personalize detailed information there and change it based on the detail matters, as you want.
- Online English Teacher Job Description: Things To Be Highlighted To Become An Online English Teacher
- Teacher Job Description and Its Requirements
- Online ESL Teacher Job Description: Things To Underline To Become An Online ESL Teacher
- Swim Instructor Job Description
- Social Studies Teacher Job Description – Every Aspect You Should Know And Prepare
- Sunday school Teacher Job Description and its FAQs
- Teacher Aide Job Description and its responsibilities
- Piano Teacher Job Description and FAQs
- Teacher Assistant Job Description and Its FAQs
- Math Teacher Job Description – Things To Understand Before Applying As A Math Teacher
- Things To Be Underlined In A Computer Teacher Job Description
- Paraprofessional Job Description: What To Know To Become A Qualified Paraprofessional
- Adjunct Professor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Art Teacher Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Music Teacher Job Description – What Are The Tasks To Do And Skills Required?
- Nurse Educator Job Description – Skills And Objective Statements Examples
- Substitute Teacher Job Description and its FAQs
- Elementary Lesson Plan Template
- Special Education Teacher Job Description: What To Know To Become A Special Education Teacher
- Pre K Teacher Job Description: What To Write In The Pre K Teacher Job Description
- Blank Lesson Plan Template
- Historian Job Description– How To Become A Historian
- Assistant Professor Job Description – What You Should Know About This Position
- Production Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Dog Trainer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Management Trainee Job Description and Its FAQ
- School Psychologist Job Description: What To Prepare To Be A School Psychologist
- Daycare Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Cosmetology Instructor Job Description and its FAQ
- Quality Inspector Job Description and Its Requirements