What does an ETL developer do? An ETL(Extract Transform Load) developer has a job to create and develop an advanced data warehouse for a company. This means that an ETL developer must extract, transform, and load data functions of the company. To know more about an ETL developer job description, let’s check this out.
Some Essential Duties in the ETL Developer Job Description
There are some duties that an ETL developer has to do. What are they? Let’s check them one by one.
1. Assign data storage needs
The first duty of an ETL developer is that he should assign data storage needs. He needs to consult with the related department to obtain a depiction of data storage needs. Then, he has to provide some preferences for the company based on the data storage needs.
2. Create and develop data
The next duty is that an ETL developer must create and develop advanced data. He should create codes for the data system based on the company’s needs. After that, he needs to perform preliminary testing before the data is extracted.
3. Extract data
After an ETL developer finished preliminary testing, he has to extract the data. He must transfer the company data into the new storage system.
4. Test a new storage system
Then, in this ETL developer job description, an ETL needs to test a new storage system. He has to fix and handle the possible problems that may appear.
5. Maintenance system
The last duty of an ETL is that he has to maintain the new storage system. He must be able to detect and respond to the issues on the new system. He needs to ensure that the new storage system has good quality.
Some Important Requirements in the ETL Developer Job Description
If you are interested in this job description, you need to know some of the important requirements below.
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology
The first requirement if you want to apply for an ETL developer position is that you have to be a Bachelor of IT. It will also be considered if you qualify for a Bachelor of Computer Science or a relevant field.
2. Have proven experience
The next requirement is having a proven work experience. It is needed if you want to apply for an ETL position, you should have 1 or more years of work experience in related fields.
3. Excellent in language programs
Since the ETL job description demands you to create and develop a new storage system for a company, you have to understand some of the language programs such as Java, XML, SQL, and many more. Besides, as an ETL developer, you must be excellent in understanding storage architecture techniques such as MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, etc.
What is the role of an ETL developer?
An ETL developer has a job to create and develop an advanced data warehouse for a company. He is responsible to extract, transform, and load data functions of the company. He also has to fix some system issues that may appear.
What are the most common duties of this position?
The most common duties are signing data storage needs, creating advanced data, testing a new storage system, and other important duties.
What should you do before assigning an ETL developer job description?
You have to consider the duties of an ETL developer if you want to assign it. If you feel difficult to start, you can have a look at the list of requirements on the ETL developer job description above.
To sum up, that is about the important information that you have to put in an ETL developer job description. You can apply as an ETL developer if you are interested.
- What To Write In The Senior .NET Developer Job Description
- Software Developer Job Description and its FAQ
- WordPress Developer Job Description: Things To Note To Become A WordPress Developer
- Video Game Developer Job Description: A Guideline To Become A Successful Video Game Developer
- ASP. NET Developer Job Description: An Easy Guideline To Prepare You To Be A Qualified ASP. NET Developer
- Front End Developer Job Description: Knowing The Primary Responsibilities And Requirements
- Web Developer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Pega Developer Job Description – What Are To Prepare To Work In This Position?
- PHP Developer Job Description – What To Prepare To Be A Successful Developer
- UNIX System Administrator Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Industrial Hygienist Job Description: Important Information to Read Before Applying for The Job
- Ruby On Rails Developer Job Description – What Are To Master To Be In This Position?
- Salesforce Developer Job Description and its responsibilities
- Junior Software Developer Job Description – Understanding Its Requirements And Tasks
- iOS Developer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Web Analyst Job Description – Responsibilities, Objective Statements And Duties To Know
- Application Developer Job Description: What To Know To Become An Application Developer
- Software Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- IT Auditor Job Description and Its FAQ
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Compliance Manager Job Description: Things to Understand Before Applying
- System Administrator Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Computer Hardware Engineer Job Description and its requirements
- An Easy Guideline To Write In A Court Clerk Job Description
- An Easy Guideline To Write A Merchandiser Job Description
- Shift Leader Job Description: Things To Be Underlined To Become A Shift Leader
- Biochemist Job Description: What To Know To Become A Biochemist
- Director of Business Development: Things to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- CNC Programmer Job Description: Essential Things to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- Things You Need To Write In A IT Specialist Job Description