- 1 Education Curriculum Vitae Template
- 2 Sample of English Lecturer for University
- 3 How to Write Education CV
- 4 Tips in Writing Education CV for University
- 5 Kinds of Academic Curriculum Vitae Templates
Education Curriculum Vitae Template
Writing a curriculum vitae for education purposes can be daunting for those who never had any experience. Different from the CV for other jobs, an education cv is made for those who want to land a job in the education field, let’s say a teacher or academic staff in an educational institution. The content of the cv is also different than non-educational jobs.
If you happen to be interested in applying for the job within the field of education, this article provides you a sample of the education curriculum vitae template. It is also supported with related information regarding the job and its cv.
Sample of English Lecturer for University
The sample below is written by an English lecturer who wants to apply for a job at a university.
Phone: (555) 123-456-789
A TESOL licensed lecturer with 6 years of experience in delivering the teaching of English for non-native English speakers age 17-30 years in small, medium, to large-sized classrooms. Able to employ several teaching strategies in facilitating students with different characteristics to provide the best learning experience for students. Successfully increased students’ English scores by 67% on the IELTS and TOEFL tests. Seeking a career opportunity to join Smiths International University as an English lecturer.
An English Lecturer at the University of Malcolm
2017 – 2020
- Planning teaching lessons, activities, strategies, and assessment to deliver English materials by designing syllabus for a semester in a middle to large-sized class around 25-55 students
- Designing classroom media with the help of technology to support the effectiveness of English lesson delivery
- Monitoring students progress throughout the semester from the results of classroom assessments and observation
- Working closely with students, teachers, and parents to provide feedback and discuss possible issues related to the English teaching
- Actively writing research articles within the scope of English teaching to contribute to the knowledge
- Designing specific teaching curriculum for IELTS and TOEFL preparations by creating four-month intensive training for students in certain education level
- Successfully improving students’ score for IELTS and TOEFL tests by 53% in a year
An English Lecturer at ABC Language Academy
2014 – 2017
- Planning teaching lessons, activities, strategies, and assessment to deliver English materials by designing syllabus for a semester in a small to middle-sized class around 10-20 students, age 17-25 years
- Grading papers, assignments, and quizzes which then inform the results to the school academy and parents
- Keeping the records of students’ progress on weekly basis and relaying the information during the parents meeting
- Implementing more classroom media by using technology-based media like social media and other interactive media
- Successfully improved students’ scores by 56% in a year and parents’ satisfactions by 45%
Master of Education – English Education at Hopkins University, 2012 – 2014
Bachelor of Education – English Education at Hopkins University, 2008 – 2012
GPA: 3.95 (Excellence Award for Students)
Relevant Coursework: TESOL Intensive Course and Program, International Conference in the Teaching of English to Supports Learners’ Autonomy, Course of Designing University Syllabus for the Teaching of English
Membership: Translation Club, TESOL-licensed lecturer Association, English Teacher Community
- Excellent language mastery of English
- Excellent teaching strategies and assessment methods
- Excellent classroom management
- Curriculum and syllabus planning
- Exceptional communication skills
- Patience and compassion
- Empathy and creativity
Achievements and Certifications
- Certified TESOL Teacher from the TESOL Course Program
- Excellence Award for Student
How to Write Education CV
CV is different from a resume, that’s what people need to remember first. Thus, the how-to-write it is also different. Here, we collect several points that you can remember to produce a good education cv.
- Make it as detail as possible. Different from the resume, cv can get longer. In the education field, applicants are expected to list down their achievements, publications, and relevant activities like going to seminar and conferences
- Do good with the cv structure. The most common will include education qualifications, employment history, and publications
- Ask someone to read your cv. This is one way to get a neutral opinion of what you write on cv. It’s beneficial if you talk to someone who works in the institution where you want to apply the job for
- Make it easy for the readers to navigate the information
Tips in Writing Education CV for University
After knowing several things to produce a good education cv, now it’s time to know the tips in writing it specifically for the university. Some of the points below can be applied to the general situation.
- Be brief and concise with what you write. Don’t add flowery words as it won’t make a good impression
- Don’t make up any information for cv
- Mention relevant experience to the teaching in university, be it as a lecturer assistant or a temporary lecturer replacement
- Use active words to write the explanation
- Write down the relevant achievements that are related to the university teaching like research publications
Kinds of Academic Curriculum Vitae Templates
Everyone knows that the education hiring process can take a lot of preparation for the applicants. To save your time, you can make use of the education cv templates available below. Read carefully and choose which one suits your needs.
College Education CV Template
If you earned a degree from college or university, this cv template can be a choice to choose. It highlights your academic qualifications with professional experience sections to catch the employer’s attention.
Academic CV Template
This cv template can be used for an academic setting, be it a teacher or other education professionals. Edit the information in each section and you’re ready to use this cv template.
Sample Education CV
Another education cv that applies a simple basic format with neat information structure to make it easy for the readers to search the information. It’s dominated by the color of white and black to make the elegant look.
Professional Academic CV
This cv template is designed for professionals who are into teaching. As the title suggests, this cv emphasizes the teaching certifications and qualifications, as well as a list of professional experience.
Musical Education CV
If you are a music teacher, this cv is what you need. Showing your musical talents through the achievements, this cv also gives a section of musical performances that you’ve done.
This cv is suitable for those who want to fill in the administration position in any educational institution. It highlights the administrative-related skills and academic qualifications. There’s also an interest section to provide additional information about the applicants.
Physical CV Template
This cv template focuses on the physical therapist that works within the education field. It provides information on the academic qualifications and physical therapist certifications to showcase the applicants’ credibility and competence.
Teacher CV Template
This cv template is the most popular in the education field. To be a teacher, you only need to edit the information in each section, from an academic background, teacher certifications, to teaching experience.
Entry-Level Education CV
If you’re a beginner, this cv brings you to an entry-level job in the education field. Showing the education and relevant experiences, this cv can give a positive light to the applicants even though s/he has no professional experience.
Lecturer CV Template
Similar to teacher cv, this cv is specifically designed for professionals who teach in a higher education institution. Academic qualifications, professional experiences, and a list of research publications become the points for the applicants through this cv.
- 10+ Teaching Curriculum Vitae Template
- 10+ Teaching Curriculum Vitae Sample Example
- 10+ Education Resume Sample
- 10+ Basic Resume Templates
- 7+ Substitute Teacher Resumes
- 10+ Student Curriculum Vitae Templates
- 9+ Academic Curriculum Vitae Templates
- 10+ Academic Resume psd template free
- 10+ Teacher Resume Example
- Music Teacher Job Description – What Are The Tasks To Do And Skills Required?
- 10+ Teenage Resume Template
- 10+ Simple Teacher Resume
- 10+ Sample Education Resume
- 10+ Teacher Resume Sample
- Math Teacher Job Description – Things To Understand Before Applying As A Math Teacher
- 10+ Teacher Resume Template
- 10+ Medical Curriculum Vitae
- Assistant Professor Job Description – What You Should Know About This Position
- 10+ Teacher Assistant Resume Template
- High School English Teacher Job Description and Its FAQ
- 7+ Elementary Teacher Resume
- 10+ College Resume Template
- 10+ Curriculum Vitae
- 9+ Preschool Teacher Resume
- Online ESL Teacher Job Description: Things To Underline To Become An Online ESL Teacher
- 10+ Fresher Resume Template
- Special Education Teacher Job Description: What To Know To Become A Special Education Teacher
- Nurse Educator Job Description – Skills And Objective Statements Examples
- Online English Teacher Job Description: Things To Be Highlighted To Become An Online English Teacher
- Elementary Lesson Plan Template