Driver is one of the most popular occupations. A driver is a person who drives clients to their preferred destinations daily, maintains the vehicle clean & safe, and uses navigation applications to determine the fastest & best route. A driver can be employed by an individual or transportation company. In this article, we will discuss more about the driver job description.
Driver Job Description Template
We are hiring a driver now. As a driver, you have to transport clients in a safe, comfortable, & timely manner. A driver has responsibilities to arrange vehicle routine cleaning & maintenance services, plan each route based on traffic & road conditions, and manages payment.
In this driver job description template, you will see the list of tasks & duties of a driver. As a driver, you will help us improve customer satisfaction by providing their desired transportation needs. So, you must have a driver’s license. Having a car is not required because we provide vehicles.
Driver Job Responsibilities
There are many tasks and duties a driver has to do every day. Below is the list of driver job responsibilities. All the candidates must be familiar with these duties. Here they are:
- Maps out driving rout to determine the best trip
- Picks up clients based on the requested place & time
- Collects payments & issue receipts
- Helps clients by loading & unloading their luggage
- Listens to traffic & weather reports to keep up to date on the conditions of roads
- Adjusts the route to avoid road constructions & heavy traffic
- Answer questions from clients about the interests of the area & local places
- Ensures that car seats are comfortable & clean
- Schedules routine car service and reports any problems
- Maintains car’s exterior & interior cleanliness by booking car wash & detailing services
Driver Required Qualifications
Everyone is allowed to apply for this position. However, we require some qualifications. All the candidates have to meet the following driver required qualifications:
- Driving experience
- Driver license
- Clean driving record
- 20/50 of minimum visual acuity
- Familiar with GPS devices
- Knowledge of neighborhoods & area roads
- Ability of lifting heavy packages & luggage
- Flexibility of working in the night shifts and weekends
- Professional & pole disposition
- Ability of remaining calm in stressful situation of driving
- High school diploma
Driver Job Description FAQs
What does a driver do?
Mainly, a driver drives clients to their preferred destinations daily, maintains the vehicle clean & safe, and uses navigation applications to determine the fastest & best route.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Of course, you can. We posted an editable driver job description template here. It means, you can edit it based on your desire. You are allowed to add or remove its details to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a driver?
Besides the driver job description, we also provide a collection of interview questions you can use in the recruitment process of a driver.
- Delivery Driver Job Description and Common Requirements
- Taxi Driver Job Description and its requirements
- Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description: Finding Out More About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Truck Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- School Bus Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A School Bus
- OTR Driver Job Description and its responsibilities
- Chauffeur Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Chauffeur
- Driving Instructor Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Driving Instructor
- Daycare Director Job Description with Its Responsibilities and Requirements
- Webmaster Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Lot Attendant Job Description – What Should You Know Before Applying?
- Barber Job Description, Responsibilities, Requirements & FAQs
- Engineering Technician Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Church Custodian Job Description, Responsibilities, and Requirements
- Pet Groomer Job Description Editable Template
- Lube Technician Job Description Template and Requirements
- Dump Truck Driver Job Description and its FAQ template
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Medical Administrative Assistant Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Accounting Assistant Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Credentialing Coordinator Job Description Template FAQs
- District Manager Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Air Traffic Controller Job Description: An Easy Guideline Before Apply For Air Traffic Controller
- Dermatologist Job Description Template and Its FAQs
- Oracle Database Administrator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Medical Courier Job Description and Its Requirements
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Ob Gyn Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements