Commis chef is one of the most important staff in the kitchen. He or she must perform various jobs. learn the commis chef job description bellow.
Commis Chef Job Description – Duties And Responsibilities
- Helping to prepare the meal ingredients for the Chef de Partie.
- Assisting the kitchen staff to do various kitchen duties.
- Measuring the ingredients accurately during preparation.
- Making kitchen preparation such as chopping, peeling, and washing vegetables and fruits.
- Preparing salads and their sauce according to the direction of the chef.
- Verifying and receiving all the meal ingredients requested and make sure all of them are complete and in good quality.
- Recording the inventory and reporting the depleted or low supplies to the supervisor.
- Sorting and discarding the expired food or meal ingredients stored in the freezers, refrigerators, and also stock rooms.
- Making sure the kitchen area is clean by performing basic cleaning duties and making sure all the kitchen stuff has been sanitized properly.
- Helping the chef doing plating based on the chef’s instruction.
- Unboxing, unpacking, and organizing deliveries.
- Making sure all the food and meal ingredients are stored properly.
Skills And Quality In The Commis Chef Job Description
Being a professional commis chef requires certain skills and qualifications. According to the commis chef job description, you are required to have the following skills and qualities:
- Having strong knowledge about food and hygiene and safety standards.
- Having strong stamina because this job will require you to stand in a long period.
- High patience in handling the pressure such as time limit and cooking pressure.
- A strong ability in management and organizational skills.
- An excellent communication skill.
It is important to attach the certification in culinary arts. Besides, according to the commis chef job description, the candidate also must have a food handler’s license.
If you already meet the commis chef job description, you can copy our objective statement bellow:
- I worked in the culinary industry for years and have experience in handling the kitchen pressure well. Hence, I would like to apply as a commis chef.
- being experienced as a commis chef, I am ready to be part of your team.
- I can work under the pressure in the kitchen and I think I will meet the requirements in the commis chef job description you have posted.
- After hearing your company is looking for a new commis chef, I am ready to use all of my skills and knowledge in the kitchen.
- The kitchen is my passion and I would like to be part of your team by applying as the commis chef candidate.
- With all of the experience in the kitchen in the past years, I would like to be back in the kitchen to gain more knowledge and skills by applying as a commis chef in your company.
- I like to apply as a commis chef and am ready to work under the pressure.
That’s all our summary about the commis chef job description. We do hope our article brings you inspiration.
- Researcher Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Job
- Sales Analyst Job Description: Things to Read About Your Future Career
- Product Developer Job Description: Necessary Information to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- Production Engineer Job Description: Essential Information About Duties, Responsibilities, And Requirements
- Find Out More In The Cad Technician Job Description If You Want To Become Successful CAD Technician
- Kinesiologist Job Description: Essential Things to Comprehend Before Applying for the Job
- Copy Editor Job Description: Significant Details About Your Dream Career
- Cost Analyst Job Description: Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- Email Marketing Specialist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Future Career
- Dean of Students Job Description: Things to Comprehend Before Applying for The Job
- Senior Project Manager Job Description: Important Information About Your Future Career
- Preschool Director Job Description – Knowing The Duties Are Not Enough For This Position
- Assistant General Manager Job Description: Things to Know About Your Future Career
- Kitchen Staff Job Description: A Useful Guideline For Preparing To Become A Qualified Kitchen Staff
- Concierge Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements To Be Qualified In This Position
- What To Write And Prepare In The Nurse Manager Job Description
- Music Editor Job Description – The Career Path, Skills, And Responsibilities
- Things You Must Know In The Senior Accountant Job Description To Create Good Resume
- Stage Manager Job Description – The Responsibilities, Duties, Skills Required, And Career Path
- Find Out Essential Information About The Martial Arts Instructor Job Description For Being The Professional Ones
- Things You Need To Know In the Forestry Technician Job Description If You Want To Be Successful Forestry Technician
- Public Information Officer Job Description: Essential Things to Read Before Sending Your CV
- Research Specialist Job Description: Important Information About Your Dream Career
- Optometrist Job Description: Essential Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- UI Developer Job Description: Important Information to Recite About Your Future Job
- Desktop Support Technician Job Description: Important Things to Understand Before Applying for the Job
- Beauty Therapist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Career
- Neuroscientist Job Description – Understanding The Skills, And Duties
- Collector Job Description – Skills And Responsibilities Required
- Operations Associate Job Description: Things To Underline To Become An Operations Associate