Table of Contents Template and Some Information You Need to Know
Table of Contents (TOC) is one crucial aspect many printed media should have. It outlines and gives a brief description of what the printed contents are having. Without it, readers will spend more time to head to their desired page. Table of Contents is not only found in books, but the scientific papers such as thesis/dissertation, entertainment-purpose printed media like magazines, or formal reports, also need this. There are various ways to present the outlines as well. Some formal documents prefer simplicity for its look, while magazines will use more artistic table of contents. Whatever the media is, there is one thing for sure: using table of contents template will never go wrong!
Why Should You Use Table of Contents Template?
Here are several reasons why you need a template to design your TOC.
- It eases you making it. All you need is only customizing the template to fit the outline of document.
- Using table of contents template will cut the additional time you need to build a neat TOC. It is possible to type manually, but it takes a long time.
- This usually happens in a word document: a simple mistake may ruin your table of contents which you’ve typed manually for hours.
Types of Table of Contents Template
As previously mentioned, there are various types of table of contents template you can find on the internet. First is file type like Word processor templates (.doc) and (.pdf) file, image editor application-friendly, such as (.png) and (.psd). Second is content-wise, which includes the text-only table of contents (for books, journals, reports, or any scientific papers), and Multi-contents for entertainment-purpose media, such as magazines.
Table of Contents Template Trends
You can always find the trend at your fingertip: the internet does wonder for us to know what’s trending on this planet, including table of contents’ trends. Below are some examples to lift up the value of design. Of course, this doesn’t apply to the classic word processor templates.
- Using a representative symbol for each chapter
If the book has systematic chapters that represent one topic for each chapter, then this design can be a brilliant choice to make. Find a customizable TOC template that enables you to give icons identifying each chapter.
- One-stop place to see all headline pictures
Showcase the major headline pictures in your TOC. Combine it with columned table of contents. This can take up to two pages, but it will make your TOC more enchanting for sure. You don’t have to mention all headlines for this template.
- One background photo with columned table of contents
This is a step-up of minimalism design. You can insert one photo to customize your template, then have the TOC be columned and typed in a small font size.
How to Use Table of Contents Template
Shortly, after you downloaded the desired table of contents template, open the template file with the compatible program. For example, you need word-processor to open .doc file, while you need an image editor application to open image file such as .psd/.png. Then, customize it to match the content and preferences. Change the color, play with the font style or anything – feel free to customize.
- Researcher Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Job
- Sales Analyst Job Description: Things to Read About Your Future Career
- Product Developer Job Description: Necessary Information to Recite Before Sending Your CV
- Production Engineer Job Description: Essential Information About Duties, Responsibilities, And Requirements
- Find Out More In The Cad Technician Job Description If You Want To Become Successful CAD Technician
- Kinesiologist Job Description: Essential Things to Comprehend Before Applying for the Job
- Copy Editor Job Description: Significant Details About Your Dream Career
- Cost Analyst Job Description: Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- Email Marketing Specialist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Future Career
- Dean of Students Job Description: Things to Comprehend Before Applying for The Job
- Senior Project Manager Job Description: Important Information About Your Future Career
- Preschool Director Job Description – Knowing The Duties Are Not Enough For This Position
- Assistant General Manager Job Description: Things to Know About Your Future Career
- Kitchen Staff Job Description: A Useful Guideline For Preparing To Become A Qualified Kitchen Staff
- Concierge Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements To Be Qualified In This Position
- What To Write And Prepare In The Nurse Manager Job Description
- Music Editor Job Description – The Career Path, Skills, And Responsibilities
- Things You Must Know In The Senior Accountant Job Description To Create Good Resume
- Stage Manager Job Description – The Responsibilities, Duties, Skills Required, And Career Path
- Find Out Essential Information About The Martial Arts Instructor Job Description For Being The Professional Ones
- Things You Need To Know In the Forestry Technician Job Description If You Want To Be Successful Forestry Technician
- Public Information Officer Job Description: Essential Things to Read Before Sending Your CV
- Research Specialist Job Description: Important Information About Your Dream Career
- Optometrist Job Description: Essential Things to Understand Before Sending Your CV
- UI Developer Job Description: Important Information to Recite About Your Future Job
- Desktop Support Technician Job Description: Important Things to Understand Before Applying for the Job
- Beauty Therapist Job Description: Essential Information About Your Dream Career
- Commis Chef Job Description – Skills To Add To Be A Professional One
- Neuroscientist Job Description – Understanding The Skills, And Duties
- Collector Job Description – Skills And Responsibilities Required