A school social worker is a person who provides counseling. He or she also helps to school staff, parents & students to address the students’ psychology & social. A school social worker works with outside support agencies or services to help the students who need helps in their personal lives. Since it is a very important position, we will talk more about the school social worker job description.
School Social Worker Job Description Template
We are hiring a school social worker to help to address our students’ social well-being and psychological. In this role, you will be tasked to provide info to school staff, students and parents. You will also counsel students with psychological & personal problems.
You will also have a responsibility to address relevant problems such as social adjustment problems, teen pregnancy, illegal drugs & school attendance. Here, you work with students whether it is in classroom or one-on-one. Now, let’s pay attention to this school social worker job description template.
School Social Worker Job Responsibilities
A school social worker will have many tasks & duties to do every day. Below is the list of school social worker job responsibilities:
- Counsels students with psychological & personal problems which affect their socialization, behavior & performance in school
- Provides treatment plans, counseling session or even workshops as needed and makes prevention programs as well as intervention plans
- Communicates with students to determine the areas they need counseling or assistance
- Helps teachers & administrators with attitude & behavioral problems by communicating with students for finding the causes of their distress
- Provides info to outside support services for helping students with physical, emotional or economic problems
- Helps students with disabilities or at-risk students
- Communicates with administrators, teachers & parents to understand challenges of students
- Maintains case files & reports to track progress & problem of students
- Helps students & families that suffer from homeless, hunger, violence or abuse to access resources such as medical care, food banks, and shelters
School Social Worker Job Requirements
All the candidates who apply for this position have to meet the following school social worker job requirements:
- Master’s / Bachelor’s degree in Social Work
- Certification & license to practice social work
- Experience in school social work is a plus
- Empathy and compassion for students & patients
- Discretion and professionalism
- Good relationship with related social services
School Social Worker Job Description FAQs
What does a school social worker do in a school?
A school social worker provides counseling; helps to school staff, parents & students to address the students’ psychology & social; and works with outside support agencies or services to help the students who need helps in their personal lives.
Do you have interview questions for a school social worker?
We do not only provide an editable school social worker job description but also interview question samples. Anyway, this school social worker job description is very useful for you who are hiring new one in this position.
- School Psychologist Job Description: What To Prepare To Be A School Psychologist
- What To Write In The School Psychologist Job Description
- Guidance Counselor Job Description: Get To Know The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Behavior Modification Plan Template
- Social Worker Job Description and its FAQ
- Paraprofessional Job Description: What To Know To Become A Qualified Paraprofessional
- Daycare Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- How to create a good counseling psychologist job description
- Youth Pastor Job Description and its duties
- Social Studies Teacher Job Description – Every Aspect You Should Know And Prepare
- Camp Counselor Job Description and a Common FAQs
- Construction Worker Job Description and Its FAQs
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Production Worker Job Description and Its FAQ
- Registrar Job Description: Get To Know The Requirements And Responsibilities
- Counselor Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Counselor
- Client Services Manager Job Description: How To Be A Professional Client Services Manager
- High School English Teacher Job Description and Its FAQ
- Admissions Counselor Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As An Admissions Counselor
- Caseworker Job Description – How To Be In This Position
- Warehouse Worker Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Care Manager Job Description: What You Need To Prepare To Become A Care Manager
- Behavior Support Plan Template
- Pre K Teacher Job Description: What To Write In The Pre K Teacher Job Description
- Sports Psychologist Job Description and its FAQs
- Career Counselor Job Description – What Do You Have To Underline?
- Maintenance Worker Job Description and the FAQ
- Direct Support Professional Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Fitness Director Job Description: Getting To Know The Duties And Requirements
- Hospital Sitter Job Description and Its FAQ