Registered Nurse Resume Example
To be a registered nurse, someone has to pass the nursing program and meet the standard of either a country, a state, or other authorized organizations in giving nursing licenses. Having a nursing license can be beneficial for someone when they apply for a job, as it becomes a plus point to the employer.
The career opportunity of a registered nurse is widely acceptable in any health care facility. They can work in the hospital, clinic, or private medical practice. Aside from meeting the requirements of being a registered nurse in a specific health care facility, the applicants have to create a good registered nurse resume example to the employer.
Nursing Resume Sample with Clinical Experience
Working as a registered nurse, there is a lot of important information to tell on your resumes, like your certifications, your skills, and your professional experience. Here is a sample of a nursing resume with some clinical experience.
Phone: (555) 123-123-123
Professional and licensed registered nurse with 5+ years’ clinical experience in providing the best patient care and assisting numerous medical procedures. Maintained 92-96% patients’ satisfaction in previous workplaces and has led the nurse hiring process for two years in a row.
Registered Nurse at ABC Hospital
2018 – 2020
- Checking patients’ medical history
- Checking patients’ condition like blood pressure, height, and weight before the medical procedures
- Keeping the patients’ medical results
- Consulting with doctors regarding the best treatment for patients
- Educating patients about the treatment plans
- Directing the nurse hiring process
- Participating in nurse management in conducting regular nurse performance evaluation
Registered Nurse at Private Medical Practice
2015 – 2018
- Welcoming patients in a friendly manner
- Checking patients’ condition before and after the treatment given
- Conducting a consultation with patients and patients’ families regarding the medication and treatment plans
- Consulting with nurses and doctors about the patients’ best treatment
- Preparing the medical equipment and medication for the medical procedures
MA Nursing at ABC State University, 2013 – 2015
BA Nursing at XYZ Medical School, 2009 – 2013
Relevant Coursework: Public Health and Safety Training Program, Phlebotomy Training
Membership: Registered Nurse Association
- Excellent medical terminology
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Time management
Achievements and Certifications
- Phlebotomy Certificate
- Patient Nursing Care
- CPR Certification
How to Write a Registered Nurse Resume?
In writing a registered nurse resume, you need to pay attention to several things to make sure you have an outstanding resume.
- Read thoroughly of what the employer wants, from the work position to qualifications
- Think of the relevant information about yourself that suits what the employer wants
- Choose the best resume format that showcases your strengths
- Make sure all the relevant information is covered on your resume
- Use resume template if it’s possible, but pay attention to the design and language used
- Don’t lie about any of your information. Everything will be checked by the employer so it’s better to always tell the truth
What does a Registered Nurse write on the Resume?
In a registered nurse resume, there are things you need to include to boost up your impression of the employer. The list below will show you what should be written on your resume.
- Professional summary. Write a not-boring paragraph that sums up your positive traits, professional experience, and contributions in your former workplace. Make an outstanding explanation but still stay on track.
- Professional experience. It shows how experienced you are in your field.
- Key skills. It is also a crucial section where it provides your strengths in conducting your job.
- Academic background and GPA. This plays a huge role for new graduates in applying for a new job.
- Achievements and Awards. This additional section can be good additional information when you don’t have much experience.
- Additional relevant activities. It can be from training, volunteer work, internship.
Listing Skills for Registered Nurse Resume
Skill is a section that the employer looks at to decide whether you deserve the job or not. The following are the essential skills that can lead you to get your dream job as a registered nurse.
- Patience and empathy
- Work under the pressure
- Organization and management skills
- Strong clinical skills
- Nurse Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- 10+ Teacher Resume Sample
- Auto Body Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- Veterinary Receptionist Job Description and Its FAQ
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
Clinical Skills for a Registered Nurse
As it is mentioned above that one essential skill for a registered nurse is clinical skills. It can be very wide-ranged at this point, so we compile several clinical skills that are important for you.
- Basic nursing skills
- Nursing leadership
- Making patients’ bed
- Maintaining hygiene standards
- Drawing patients’ blood pressure
- Performing an injection
Kinds of Registered Nurse Resume Example
Do you want to save time? Maybe using a registered nurse template is the solution. It gives you the ease of creating a professional resume within a short time.
New Graduate Nurse Resume
For new graduates, you don’t need to worry as this resume provides a good template sample that brings out your positive traits to the employer.
Professional Registered Nurse Resume
The professional registered nurse needs to use this template as it provides complete information of what has been done during the nursery career and also the achievements earned.
Pediatric Registered Nurse Resume
If you apply for a pediatric registered nurse, this template is what you’re looking for. It is written in Ms. Word that allows you to edit easily.
Entry-Level Registered Nurse Resume
This resume template is available for an entry-level position as a registered nurse. It promotes you by providing a well-structured formatting resume with a powerful career objective and important key strengths.
Registered Nurse Resume Sample
It employs basic formatting for a registered nurse resume that can be used for an entry-level position or for someone who wants to pursue a higher position in the nursery field. It provides thorough information on the applicants.
Experienced Registered Nurse Resume
With an experienced registered nurse, one needs a comprehensive resume template, to sum up all the career contributions. This template facilitates you to present the important information to the employer.
Certified Registered Nurse Resume
If you have some certifications you wish to include, this resume template is what you’re looking for. Providing a comprehensive list of your certifications and professional summary, this resume will make an outstanding resume to your employer.
Modern Registered Nurse Resume
If you prefer to have a modern design for your registered nurse resume, this can be a good option. Using a modern look and formatting style, this template still provides a well-structured section of the information.
Knowledgeable Registered Nurse Resume
This resume template facilitates the comprehensive information of your contribution to your previous work so that it will be favorable for you in front of the employer.
Head Registered Nurse Resume
When you are pursuing a head registered nurse, this can be the resume template you choose to cover all your professional work beforehand and the strengths you have.
- Registered Nurse Job Description and Some FAQs
- 10+ Nurse Resume
- 10+ Professional Resume Template
- Dialysis Nurse Job Description: Things You Need To Prepare To Be A Dialysis Nurse
- 10+ Graduate Fresher Resume Template
- 10+ Nursing Student Resumes
- Home Health Nurse Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Charge Nurse Job Description: What To Know To Become A Charge Nurse
- Nurse Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- 9+ Entry Level Resume
- Nurse Educator Job Description – Skills And Objective Statements Examples
- ICU Nurse Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Nurse Anesthetist Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- 10+ Medical Assistant Resumes
- Forensic Nurse Job Description and the qualification
- Labor And Delivery Nurse Job Description: Getting To Know The Essential Parts Responsibilities And Requirements
- 6+ Sample Medical Receptionist Resume
- 10+ Medical Curriculum Vitae
- 5+ Nursing Assistant Resume
- Surgical Nurse Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- 6+ Phlebotomy Resume
- 3+ Dental Assistant Resume
- ER Nurse Job Description: Get To Know The Duties And Requirements
- 9+ Entry Level Resume Example
- 8+ Sample Medical Assistant Resumes
- Nurse Practitioner Job Description and Its Requirements
- 10+ Sample Medical Curriculum Vitae
- Nursery Nurse Job Description – The Qualification And Responsibilities To Know
- 4+ Medical Assistant Resume Template
- NICU Nurse Job Description – What To Consider Before Writing The Job Description