An electrical estimator is commonly employed by an electrical contracting, construction or project management company. In this role, you will be tasked to estimate the electrical installation cost. As seen in the electrical estimator job description below, he or she also analyzes blueprints for determining various projects’ electrical needs, provides solutions to improve portability, and prepares project bids.
Electrical Estimator Job Description Template
We are hiring an electrical estimator in order to determine the estimated costs of different electrical installations for residential & industrial projects. An electrical estimator determines how long a contracting job lasts, researches market prices for project equipment & material, etc.
As an electrical estimator, you are also required to identify how to improve cost-estimating procedures continually to reduce inconsistencies between actual & estimated project costs. To be a good candidate, it is very important to pay attention to the following electrical estimator job description.
Electrical Estimator Job Responsibilities
There are many tasks & duties an electrical estimator has to do every day. For more detailed, you can see the electrical estimator job responsibilities below:
- Analyzes blueprints for determining wire lengths and suitable outlet placement
- Determines the cost, type & amount of fixtures and materials for an electrical project
- Determines the amount of labor needed to complete a project
- Determines the potential profitability of electrical projects to help management to make sound bidding decisions
- Provides viable solutions to improve project profitability
- Completes and submits competitive project bids according to the established guidelines
- Updates cost databases regularly to reflect labor costs & fluctuating material accurately
- Evaluates labor & material costs for determining if it is more feasible sub-contract the construction of components or construct electrical components
Electrical Estimator Job Requirements
Certain qualifications are required including educational degree, ability, skills, and many more. So, all the candidates have to meet the following electrical estimator job requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Construction Science or related filed is a beneficial
- Completion of a postsecondary education electrician training program
- Certification from the American Society of Professional Estimator or the Association for the Advancement of Cost Engineering Interaction is beneficial
- Electrician’s license
- Ability for interpreting blueprints
- Good problem-solving & analytical skills
- Good organizational skills
- God communication skills
- Good customer service skills
- Detail oriented
Electrical Estimator Job Description FAQs
What does an electrical estimator do in a company?
An electrical estimator estimates the electrical installation cost, analyzes blueprints for determining various projects’ electrical needs, provides solutions to improve portability, prepares project bids, etc.
Can I edit the posted job description here?
Of course, you can. You are allowed to add or remove the details in the editable electrical estimator job description template posted here easily based on your needs.
Do you have interview questions for an electrical estimator?
On this web, you will not only find the electrical estimator job description but also a collection of interview question samples.
- Electrical Engineer Job Description and Its FAQ
- Construction Manager Job Description – What Are To Have To Work In This Position?
- Construction Managemen Plan Template
- Quantity Surveyor Job Description – What Do You Need To Evaluate?
- Construction Worker Job Description and Its FAQs
- Construction Laborer Job Description and Its FAQs
- Commercial Construction Project Manager Job Description: A Useful Guide To Become A Commercial Construction Project Manager
- Lead Carpenter Job Description – What To Underline Before Applying
- Project Manager Job Description and FAQ Details
- Project Coordinator Job Description and its FAQs
- Electrician apprentice job description and its FAQ
- Project Engineer Job Description: Getting Know The Duties And Requirements
- Contractor Job Description – What To Have To Become A Contractor
- Structural Engineer Job Description: Knowing The Information Related To The Requirements And Responsibilities
- IT Director Job Description and Its Requirements
- Business Consultant Job Description and Its FAQ
- Digital Producer Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Design Engineer Job Description and its responsibilities
- Construction Phase Plan Template
- Healthcare Analyst Job Description and Its FAQ
- Architectural Engineer Job Description – What Do You Need To Know About This Position
- Technical Project Manager Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Assistant Project Manager Job Description: Finding Out More About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Construction Superintendent Job Description: What You Need To Prepare To Become A Construction Superintendent
- Industrial Electrician Job d Description – Check The Requirements And Responsibilities
- General Laborer Job Description – Requirements and Skills You Must Have
- Architect Scale Printable
- Event Coordinator Job Description and Its Requirements
- Construction Inspector Job Description – The Keypoints To Understand To Be A Successful Candidate
- Milwright Job Description Template and Its Responsibilities