A dishwasher has an important role, especially in the culinary business. This job has the main duty to ensure the cleanliness and sanitization of dishes, tableware, pots, glassware, and many more. Besides, they also will help to keep the dishwashing area clean and safe. Moreover, creating this dishwasher job description is also not easy because you have to think about the skills and responsibilities.
The dishwasher job description template
We are here looking for a dedicated and organized dishwasher that enjoys working as part of a team in the culinary environment. The dishwasher duties are not too complicated because they only need to remove the soled plates and flatware from tables or washing them thoroughly. However, they have an important role in the culinary environment because the dishwasher will help the customers getting comfortable.
Besides, the also will have another duty such as restocks the items, assist to prepare cook station, and also unload the delivery. Cleaning the appliances and machines are also other responsibilities of a dishwasher.
With those tasks, a dishwasher has to have a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. Besides, you also have to prioritize the tasks in a busy setting for all food safety regulations and procedures.
The responsibilities of the dishwasher
There are some dishwasher responsibilities descriptions that should be known. Those are;
- Making sure the availability of the clean dishes
- Arrange dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking the dining areas and cook station
- Scrape, rinse and load the dishes and utensils into the dish machine
- Unpack the dishes and utensils from the dish machine and arrange them properly
- Act additional cleaning duties as requested
- Sweep and mop floors especially in the event that items are wrecked or spilled
- Take out the trash and washing the garbage cans
- Backing other restaurant staff members by helping with other tasks as needed
- Report the kitchen accidents or destruction of food safety codes and procedures
- Setting up the workplace before meal prep begins
The requirements of the dishwasher
Moreover, the dishwasher requirements descriptions that should be known are:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Having work experience
- Solid problem solving and also communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Capable to stand and walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds
- Desire to comply with all food safety procedures
- Comfortable to bend, climb, reach, stoop, and also move quickly
- Working experience of sanitation procedures
- Capable to obtain and maintain a food handler authorization card
What is a dishwasher?
A dishwasher duty description commonly cleans and restocks the dinnerware or utensils. Besides, they also will assist other restaurant staff members by handling other cleaning and prep tasks. You also can add essential dishwasher duties to create suitable for your template.
Can I edit and add the dishwasher job description here?
You can feel free to customize any section in this dishwasher job description template. You also can add or change any position in the dishwasher job description suitable for your restaurant business needs.
- What You Need To Prepare In A Prep Cook Job Description
- Kitchen Porter Job Description – Responsibilities And Skills To Know
- Sushi Chef Job Description and its responsibilities
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Kitchen Helper Job Description and Its FAQ
- Kitchen Assistant Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Line Cook Job Description – What To Know Before Hiring A New Staff
- PCA Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- Restaurant Supervisor Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Sous Chef Job Description and Its Frequent FAQs
- 9+ Cook Resume
- 9+ Chef Resume Template
- Restaurant Manager Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Possess As A Restaurant Manager
- Busboy Job Description and its FAQ
- Food Runner Job Description and its FAQ
- 9+ Cook Resume Sample
- Dietary Aide Job Description – The Most Important Things To Know Before Writing The Job Description
- Executive Chef Job Description and Important FAQ Details
- Waiter Job Description and FAQs
- Recreation Assistant Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Kitchen Manager Job Description – Requirements And Skills To Have
- Butcher Job Description and FAQs
- Steward Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Steward
- Wait Staff Job Description and Interview FAQs
- Public Safety Officer Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Public Safety Officer
- Food Preparation Worker Job Description: Find More About The Requirements And Responsibilities Here
- Server Job Description and Its FAQs
- Caregiver Job Description template and examples