A community manager works to establish and handle online communication between his company and clients. He usually works in public relations, social media, or content creation. He is the face of the company. To know more about a community manager job description, let’s check this out.
Some Important Duties in the Community Manager Job Description
There are some duties that a community manager has to do. What are they? Here are the following details.
1. Make a content plan
The first duty of a community manager is to make a content plan. He should have ideas about what content that he will share on social media, blog, the magazine of his company. The content has to introduce or promote the company brand. Therefore, it should be interesting and attracted people to know more about the brand.
2. Get along with people
The next duty of a community manager is that he must get along with people. He needs to be a friendly and well-informed person. Besides, he has to be fast to respond to answer people’s questions, comments, or requests.
3. Monitor web traffic
Another duty of a community manager is monitoring web traffic. Since he is responsible for social media, he has to analyze the engagement metrics of the social media that he manages. He has to know how many people who visit the company website, comments on the posted content, and give likes to the content. After that, he must report the result of the people’s feedback to the relevant departments.
4. Coordinate with other departments
Then, in this community manager job description, a community manager has to coordinate with other departments. While he is doing his job, he has to keep up to date with the company product and service. He has to understand the marketing plans so he can measure brand consistency.
5. Join community events
The last responsible for a community manager is joining community events. It is aimed to broaden the network and establish cooperation with other companies. He also has to join industry workshops related to his company products.
Some Important Requirements in the Community Manager Job Description
If you are interested in this job description, you need to know some of the important requirements below.
1. Have a Bachelor’s degree in Communication
The first requirement if you want to apply for a community manager position is that you have to be a Bachelor of Communication. Besides, it will also be considered if you are a Bachelor of English, Journalism, Public Relations, and other relevant fields.
2. Have a work experience
The next requirement is having a proven work experience. It is needed if you want to apply for a community manager position, you should have 2 or more years of work experience as a community manager.
3. Familiar with social media
Since the community manager job description demands you to get along with audiences, you have to be familiar with social media. Besides, as a community manager, you must be good at writing and verbal communication.
What’s the primary role of a community manager?
A community manager has a job to handle and manage the online communication between his company and people or audiences. He also works to represent his company since he manages social media.
What are the most common duties of this position?
The most common duties are making a content plan, getting along with people, monitoring web traffic, and other essential duties.
What should you do before assigning a community manager job description?
You have to consider the duties of a community manager if you want to assign it. If you feel difficult to start, you can have a look at the list of requirements on the community manager job description above.
To sum up, that is about the important information that you have to put in a community manager job description. You can apply as a community manager if you are interested.
- Social media manager job description
- Media Manager Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Possess As A Media Manager
- What To Write In A Communications Manager Job Description
- Social Media Specialist Job Description – What To Master Before Applying for This Position
- Content Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Compliance Manager Job Description: Things to Understand Before Applying
- Digital Marketing Manager Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Digital Marketing Manager
- Care Manager Job Description: What You Need To Prepare To Become A Care Manager
- Audit Manager Job Description: Things to Highlight Before Applying for The Job
- Community Action Plan Template
- What To Write In A Case Manager Job Description
- Wealth Manager Job Description: Essential Information to Read Before Applying for The Job
- Learning The Important Things In A Community Outreach Coordinator Job Description
- Communications Specialist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Things To Be Highlighted In Inventory Manager Job Description
- Marketing Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Brand Ambassador Job Description template and its FAQ
- Content Marketing Manager Job Description – What Skills And Requirements To Have?
- Communications Coordinator Job Description – Basic Knowledge To Know
- Customer Relationship Manager Job Description: What To Know To Become A Customer Relationship Manager
- Sports Marketing Manager Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Technical Project Manager Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Recruiter Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Recruiter
- Brand Manager Job Description – What To Know Before Applying For This Position
- Commercial Construction Project Manager Job Description: A Useful Guide To Become A Commercial Construction Project Manager
- Recreation Assistant Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Digital Marketing Coordinator Job Description
- How to create a blogger job description FAQs
- Air Traffic Controller Job Description: An Easy Guideline Before Apply For Air Traffic Controller
- Content Writer Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Own As A Content Writer