A clinical research associate (CRA) is a person who is tasked to coordinate & oversee the execution of study as well as clinical trial. He or she has responsibilities from recruitment, data collection, & quality assurance audits. Usually working for a clinical contract agency, hospital research department, or pharmaceutical company, here is the detailed clinical research associate job description.
Clinical Research Associate Job Description Template
A bachelor’s degree in a related health science concentration like nursing is the main requirement for this job position. Besides this requirement, a candidate with working experience in a clinical environment will usually be prioritized.
To be a successful CRA, the candidates must have good analytical thinking skills, great attention to details, and also many organization skills. All the candidates also need to understand about the job description well. So, let’s see the following job description template.
Clinical Research Associate Responsibilities
We are inviting everyone to join our company as a clinical research associate. However, the following responsibilities must be understood and followed well:
- Recruiting & enrolling participants of study
- Inputting data of clinical research into systems of electronic data
- Coordinating visits & procedures of patients related to research
- Acting as study participant resource by answering questions & explaining the related procedures
- Ensuring that the study is compliant with local & federal regulations and laws
- Monitoring sites and activities of study to ensure that the appropriate industry terms & protocols of the study are followed
- Overseeing the hiring & training of training of members of staff who work on the study
- Making fine document of study protocol & update it as required
Clinical Research Associate Requirements
Some qualifications are required for all the candidates who want to apply for this job position. Here they are:
- Experience in the clinical research
- Having good analytical & creative thinking skills
- Great attention to details
- Ability to keep accurate and detailed records
- Excellent skills of verbal and written communication
- Good understanding of procedures & equipment of laboratory
- Advanced planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Ms. Excel and Ms. Word programs
- Ability to stand for extended time periods
- Fluent in English language including writing skills
Clinical Research Associate FAQs
What does a clinical research associate do?
Many tasks and duties become the responsibilities of a clinical research associate. For the main duties, he or she is tasked to coordinate & oversee the execution of study as well as clinical trial. Clinical research associates may have different responsibilities in different agencies.
Can I edit the posted clinical research associate job description here?
Indeed, you can. This job description template is editable so that you can easily add or remove the details of this job description.
Do you have interview questions for a clinical research associate?
Besides the clinical research associate job description, this web also contains some interview question samples you can use in the recruitment of a CRA.
- Clinical Research Coordinator Job Description – What Are To Underline To Be A Clinical Research Coordinator?
- Clinical Analyst Job Description – The Requirements And Responsibilities To Know
- E Commerce Associate Job Description – Things You Want To Know Before Writing Resumes
- Associate Professor Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As An Associate Professor
- Medical Scribe Job Description – The Tasks and Requirements To Know
- Clinical Trial Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Clinical Coordinator Job Description and FAQs
- Marketing Associate Job Description – What Do You Need To Know?
- Real Estate Lawyer Job Description Template, Responsibilities and Requirements
- Criminologist Job Description and FAQs
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Budget Analyst Job Description and Its Requirements
- Microbiologist Job Description and Its Responsibilities
- Loan Processor Job Description – The Ultimate Guide To Successfully Fill This Position
- Sales Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Operations Research Analyst Job Description: Knowing the Responsibilities and Requirements
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Independent Consultant Job Description – What Are The Main Requirements?
- Engineering Technician Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- What To Know Before Writing A Geologist Job Description
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Zoologist Job Description – What Are The Requirements And Skills To Know?
- Neuropsychologist Job Description and Its Responsibilities, Requirements & FAQs
- Endoscopy Nurse Job Description – What Are The Main Requirements And Skills To Have?
- Administrative Analyst Job Description – Things You Must Know Before Applying
- Fulfillment Associate Job Description: Find More About The Requirements And Responsibilities Here
- Clinical Technician Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Med Tech Job Description and Its Requirements
- Quality Assurance Specialist Job Description and its FAQs
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties