Security Guard Resume
Security is responsible for the safety of particular places or people. They are assigned to work with several responsibilities to do. Depending on who or what they are securing, securities do constant monitoring and handling suspicious actions. They make use of surveillance cameras for their work to help them secure the environment or anything that they are assigned to protect.
The need of having a secure environment is what people are looking for, that is why a security job can be competitive for the applicants. To start a career in security, one needs a security guard resume. It is a medium to highlight the ability and experience of the applicants.
Sample of Security Guard Resume
People can be clueless as to how a resume for a security guard looks like. Here is the sample that you can read to give you a better understanding.
Phone: (555) 123-123-123
A trained security officer who works within the field for five years. During my career, I have secured a couple of reputable national companies. Having technical skills in operating surveillance cameras and security officer experience, I could secure both property or personal by conducting regular patrolling. I am familiar with law enforcement which can assist me in doing my job.
ABC Finance Firm
2018 – 2020
- Developing security policies and protocols regarding the events that can take place
- Conducting the security process based on the standard policies
- Managing the hiring process of new security officers
- Controlling budgets for the security operations
- Reporting to the authorities regarding irregularities events
XYZ National Company
2015 – 2018
- Implementing security process based on the given security standards
- Maintaining a secure environment in the work area for all the staff members
- Monitoring the surveillance cameras to prevent irregularities and unauthorized visitors
- Providing excellent customer service to clients
Bachelor Degree from ABC University in Security Administration, 2014
High School Diploma from ABC School, 2011
Relevant Coursework: Security Protocols and Procedures, Technology and Equipment, Emergency Situations, Statistical and Budgeting System, Basic Ms. Office
Membership: Security Students Members
- Security Protocols
- Technical skills in security procedures
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent understanding of technology and security equipment
- Quick problem-solving
- Graduated with a Cum Laude GPA, 2014
- Best Security Officer in a Month, 2018
- France (passive)
- Germany (passive)
How to Write a Security Resume Guard
After reading the sample resume, now you need to know how to write a good resume for a security guard.
- Don’t forget about the career objective. This is important to show what position you are applying for and what you plan for your career.
- List your education. It is always better to do it in a backward chronological order, by stating the last education first.
- Experience is another important thing to state as it shows how relevant you are for the job position you are applying for.
- Mention strengths. Try to choose few top strengths that you have to assist your job.
Main Objective of Security Officer
Before applying for a security officer, one needs to know the main objective of the job itself. Security officers have a wide range of responsibilities that are assigned to them. They secure property and personnel from suspicious actions. To prevent such cases to happen, they do regular patrol, install surveillance cameras and alarms, and investigating problems when it already happens. Knowing good objectives for security officers will help you in writing security guard resume objective.
Writing Security Guard Resume with No Experience
Sometimes, people have no experience when they are applying for a security job. If this happens to you, you need not worry. There is a way to overcome that as long as you know how to do that appropriately.
- Keep writing your career objective. This is not the summary of what you have done but rather showing where you will go in your career. It gives an insight for the employer to consider your application.
- Write any job or training you have. People might think if you have no security-related job before, it means you don’t have any experience. It is not entirely true. Write any work experience you have, if you don’t have, write training you attend before.
- Explain the educational background. You need to explain your major, GPA, and skills so it becomes another consideration to strengthen your value in front of the employer.
Skills Needed to Include in Security Guard Resume
It has been mentioned many times before that skills are a crucial point to add to the security guard resume. These are several important skills to add when you are applying for a job.
- Physical fitness
- Excellent communication skills
Kinds of Security Guard Resume
These are several resume templates for those who are applying for a security guard position. Choose which one suits you and it takes minutes to edit it.
Unarmed Security Guard Resume
This template is designed specifically for unarmed security guards. Use this template and edit the information inside based on your situation.
Functional Security Guard
Functional security guard applicants have to use this resume template if they want to save their time. Written in a formal style, this template gives professional look that helps the employer considers your application.
Hospital Security Guard
If you apply for hospital security, use this template and edit each section to create the best security guard resume to impress the employer.
Professional Security Guard
If you have enough experience in the field, this template suits you the most. It provides thorough information of professional security guard so it boosts your value to gain the job.
Hotel Security Guard
This resume template is specifically designed for hotel security guards. Written in Ms. Word format, it gives easy access for the applicants to edit the file.
Experienced Security Guard
The experienced security guard needs this template to accommodate all the experience and skills they possess. Using a professional writing style, this resume template won’t let you down.
Security Guard Resume for Fresher
This template is dedicated to fresher who apply for security guard. It provides a simple format but contains well-structured information for employers to consider your application.
Entry Level Security Guard
This template is needed for those who apply for entry-level security. Use this template and save your time, so you can focus on the preparation of the hiring process.
Standard Security Guard Resume
This resume template works best with any security guard position. Applying formal style, this application is flexible to be used by anyone who wants to save time in preparing the resume.
Nightclub Security Guard
If you plan to pursue a career as a nightclub security guard, use this template and be ready to impress the employer. It highlights your skills and career objective effectively.
Security Guard Resume Sample
- Security Guard Job Description: What To Know To Become A Successful Security Guard
- Information Security Officer Job Description: Understanding More About Duty And Requirement
- Armed Security Officer Job Description
- 4+ Medical Assistant Resume Template
- 8+ Military Resume
- 8+ Sample Senior Administrative Assistant Resume
- 6+ Police Officer Resume Templates
- Security Officer Job Description template and its FAQs
- 7+ Computer Science Resume
- 6+ Fresher Resume Template
- 6+ Welder Resume
- Correction Officer Job Description: What To Do To Become A Correction Officer
- Public Safety Officer Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Public Safety Officer
- 10+ Banking Resume Sample
- 10+ First Resume Template
- 10+ Modern Resume Template
- 10+ Writer Resumes Sample
- 8+ Sample Medical Assistant Resumes
- 3+ Electrician Resume
- 2+ Network Engineer Resume Template
- 7+ Lab Technician Resume
- 10+ Photographer Resume Template
- 9+ Combination Resume
- 10+ Pharmacy Technician Resume
- 6+ Software Engineer Resume
- 8+ Hair Stylist Resume
- 10+ Social Work Resume
- 3+ Dental Assistant Resume
- 7+ Operations Manager Resume
- 5+ Event Planner Resume Sample