Printable Management Consulting Resumes
The term management consulting has been around in the industry for so long. Its main job is to provide the best advice to improve the performance of a certain company. They can solve the problems in terms of employment practice, employee career advancement, marketing of the company, or any visible business issues that the company face.
Working as a management consultant is a good career to try but everyone has to meet the requirements and have the needed skills. Graduating from business school is a sample of education requirement that most management consultant wants. Aside, you need a comprehensive resume to show what you’re capable of doing for the work. In this article, you will read printable management consulting resumes to give you a clearer understanding of how a good resume is written to land the job as a management consultant.
Sample of Management Consultant Resume
Take a look at the sample resume below to give you an idea of how a good management consultant resume is written.
Phone: (555) 123-456-789
A result-driven management consultant with 5 years of experience in solving business problems and providing expert advice for clients to support the business improvement and growth with a range of small to national companies. Earned MBA Degree with exceptional knowledge on management skills to assist over 40 companies in the last five years with 96% clients’ satisfaction. Seeking a career advancement to join XYZ International Consultant Company.
Management Consultant at Hopkins Consultant Firm
2017 – 2020
- Performing business analysis of companies’ performances, structures, and growth across the public and private sectors
- Designing management plans and strategies to improve companies’ short- and long-term business goals based on the analysis results
- Successfully increased clients’ companies performances by 45% in a year
- Training 10-15 employees to transfer business financial and management operations knowledge each year
- Managing good relationships and interactions with clients’ managers and stakeholders
Management Consultant at ABC Communications Company
2015 – 2017
- Reviewing clients’ business structures and performance to diagnose the root of the problems
- Conducting analysis research of the root issues with management teams to create management decisions to improve clients’ business performance
- Interviewing internal staff of clients’ companies to collect data of the business performance
- Implementing solutions to improve the clients’ business efficiency and performance that successfully increased the clients’ satisfaction by 50%
Master of Business Management – Business Administration at University of Carolina, 2013 – 2015
Bachelor of Business – Business Management at University of Carolina, 2009 – 2013
GPA: 3.90 (Top 5% of the Program)
Relevant Coursework: Applied Business Management, Strategic Business Planning and Management, International Seminar on Financial Principles and Knowledge
Membership: Management Consultant Association, Community of Business Management Graduates
- Business operation knowledge
- Business management
- Strategic business planning
- Business management relation
- Business performance analysis
- Excellent communication skills
- Project management
Achievements and Certifications
- Certified Management Consultant by Business Management Institute, Texas
How to Write Management Consulting Resume
If you plan to write your management consulting resume, make sure to follow the guidelines below to produce an appropriate resume.
- Display best relevant skills for consulting like problem-solving and leadership
- Focus on your results, not the general job descriptions that everyone does
- Back up with quantitative data to support your professional experience or achievement
- Use formal tone and professional resume style
- Avoid using colorful resume designs
- Ensure to use the right font size and spacings
- Avoid unprofessional mistakes on the misspellings, wrong punctuations, and capitalizations
What to Include on Management Consulting Resume?
Writing management consulting resumes can get tricky if someone doesn’t know how to put the effective information inside. The result is your resume won’t pass the first resume screening. As it’s stated above, applicants only need to include the essential information on the resume, and what are they?
- Section of personal identity
- Effective professional summary or career objective
- Academic background and qualification
- Professional experience – make sure it is specific to the job responsibilities you do and add significant improvement you made for the job
- Achievements and certifications
- Relevant skills of management consulting
How to Include Consulting Experience in Resume
The professional experience section is the most essential part of a resume to see how well you do the job and what you contributed to the company you work for. That’s why writing down consulting experience on a resume can get tricky if you don’t know the how-to.
- Write it down in bullet style. It’s reader-friendly to navigate the information
- Mention where you work before, it’s beneficial for you if it’s a big name
- Include a number in percentage in the qualitative explanation to show the significance of your contribution during the job
- Each bullet has to inform the action, result, and explanation of your work. It shows what you have done, how you did it, and what’s the result in one clear and sharp sentence
Kinds of Management Consulting Resumes
There can be a lot of things to prepare for the hiring process, from writing the resume to preparing for an interview. Below are several printable management consulting resumes that save your time and open the career chance for you to get the job.
Management Consulting Internship Resume
This resume template is designed for those who are seeking internship opportunities. It emphasizes the relevant skills to contribute to the work and the academic qualifications of the applicants.
Management Consulting Graduate Resume
This resume template is for fresh graduates who are ready to start a career to join a management consulting company. Written in a functional resume format, this resume provides a persuasive career objective and lists down the qualifications of the applicants.
Entry-Level Management Consulting Resume
To fill in the entry-level position in a management consulting company, this resume template gives highlights on the relevant skills and the academic qualifications, added with few relevant experiences of the applicants.
Management Consulting Partner Resume
If you’re looking for a simple resume template, this can be a good choice. The design is in black and white colors with strong career objectives and good summary skills to catch the attention of the employers.
Independent Management Consulting Resume
This resume template is designed by focusing on the personal strengths to contribute to the management consulting field. The style of the resume is packed with information that gives a clear idea of the competence of the applicants.
Experienced Management Consulting Resume
For the experienced employee, this resume template provides a comprehensive list of information to showcase the professional experience and the achievements earned. It also gives importance to the outstanding skills and qualifications of the applicants.
Management Consulting Analyst Resume
If you plan to be a management consulting analyst, this resume template provides the needed information from a good professional summary to the relevant skills and certifications the applicants have.
Project Management Consulting Resume
This resume is designed to fully focus on the technical skills to be project management consulting. It lists down the personal strengths and professional experiences to show what the applicants can bring to the table.
Principal Management Consulting Resume
This resume is designed for a principal management consultant by emphasizing the professional summary and experiences. Relevant skills are added with a list of qualifications and certifications.
Senior Management Consulting Resume
To have career advancement, this resume template is specifically designed for a senior management consultant. It is written in chronological format with formal language and a black and white design that’s easy to navigate the information.
- Consulting Business Plan Template
- Financial Consulting Business Plan
- 8+ Personal Trainer Resumes
- Printable Sample Resumes
- 7+ Sales Manager Resume
- 10+ Free Accountant Resume
- Image Consultant Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- 4+ Registered Nurse Resume Example
- Marketing Consultant Job Description and Interview FAQs
- 9+ Retail Manager Resumes
- 10+ Teacher Resume Sample
- 9+ Sample Retail Resumes
- 8+ Supervisor Resume
- 7+ Substitute Teacher Resumes
- 10+ Customer Service Resumes
- 7+ Book Keeper Resume
- 7+ Receptionist Resume
- 2+ Network Engineer Resume Template
- 7+ Business Analyst Resume Samples
- 3+ Entry Level Administrative Assistant Resume
- 6+ Software Engineer Resume
- 8+ Sample Senior Administrative Assistant Resume
- 10+ Social Work Resume
- Independent Consultant Job Description – What Are The Main Requirements?
- 10+ Manufacturing Engineer Resume Template
- 10+ Financial Analyst Resume
- 9+ Construction Resume Template
- 1+ Lawyer Resume
- 2+ HR Recruiter Resume
- 5+ Makeup Artist Resumes