A waiter is a person who provides excellent wait services to ensure customers’ satisfaction; takes customer orders & delivers foods & beverages; and makes recommendations of menu, answering questions & shares additional info with restaurant patrons. In this article, we will share the waiter job description. You can use it to post job career online.
Waiter Job Description Template
We are hiring a waiter to take orders and also deliver food & beverages to customers. A good waiter uplifts the dining experience for the customers. We look for someone with personality, patience, & perseverance to thrive in this job.
Keep in mind that the waiter job duties usually require working in shifts and during weekends or even holidays. Anyway, providing a perfect dining experience for all guests is the main duty of a waiter. For the detailed tasks and duties, you can see the following waiter job description template.
Waiter Job Responsibilities
There are many things to be done by a waiter. Below is the list of detailed waiter tasks and duties:
- Greeting and escorting customers to tables
- Presenting menu and providing detailed info when asked
- Preparing tables
- Informing the day’s specials to customers
- Offering recommended menus upon request
- Up-selling additional products when needed
- Taking food & drink orders
- Checking IDs of customers to make sure that they meet required minimum age to consume alcoholic beverage
- Communicating details of order to the kitchen staff
- Serving orders of foods & drinks
- Checking dishes & kitchenware for presentation & cleanliness and reporting any problem
- Arranging table settings and maintaining dining area
- Delivering checks and collecting bill payments
- Carrying dirty glasses, silverware & plates to kitchen for cleaning
- Meeting with restaurant staff for reviewing daily specials, changing on menu, and servicing specifications for reservations
- Following relevant regulations of health department
- Providing best customer services to all guests
Waiter Required Qualifications
Here is the waiter required qualifications to meet:
- Working experience as a waiter
- Experience with ordering information system and cash register
- Basic skills of math
- Attentiveness & patience for customers
- Good presentation skills
- Good organizational & multitasking skills
- Good skills of active listening & effective communication
- Team spirit
- Working time flexibility
- High school diploma
Waiter Job Description FAQs
What does a waiter do in a restaurant?
Basically, a waiter provides excellent wait services to ensure customers’ satisfaction; takes customer orders & delivers foods & beverages; and makes recommendations of menu, answering questions & shares additional info with restaurant patrons.
Can I edit the posted waiter job description here?
Yes, you can. Since it is a customizable job description template, just feel free to add or remove the details included in it to fit your needs.
Do you have interview questions for a waiter?
Besides the waiter job description, you can also find a collection of interview questions on another page. You can use them to interview the candidates who apply for this position.
- Server Job Description and Its FAQs
- Restaurant Supervisor Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Fast Food Cashier Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Food Service Worker Job Description and FAQs
- Hostess Job Description and The Requirements to Know
- Customer Service Representative Job Description and Its FAQ
- Tour Guide Job Description Template and FAQs
- Waitress Job Description: Responsibilities And Requirements To Have As A Waitress
- Wait Staff Job Description and Interview FAQs
- Virtual Assistant Job Description: Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs
- Restaurant Cook Job Description and Its FAQ
- Delivery Driver Job Description and Common Requirements
- Steward Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Steward
- Deli Clerk Job Description and Its FAQ
- File Clerk Job Description and FAQs
- Patient Access Representative Job Description, Responsibilities & Requirements
- Sales Support Specialist Job Description – A-List Of Responsibilities And Requirements To Know
- Mystery Shopper Job Description and Its FAQs
- Lube Technician Job Description Template and Requirements
- Assistant Manager Job Description and the FAQ
- HRIS Manager Job Description Template and Requirements
- Sales Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Clinical Coordinator Job Description and FAQs
- Restaurant Manager Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Possess As A Restaurant Manager
- Cashier Job Description and Its Requirements
- HR Intern Job Description and Its Responsibilities & Requirements
- Bar Back Job Description and Its Requirements
- Intern Job Description and Its Tasks & Duties
- Food Runner Job Description and its FAQ
- Criminal Investigator Job Description Responsibilities, Requirements, and FAQs