- 1 The Responsibilities Of A Phlebotomist
- 2 The Requirements In A Phlebotomist Job Description
- 3 FAQs:
The phlebotomist who’s also known as Phlebotomy Technicians is someone who takes responsibility for taking the blood of transfusion, diagnostic or donation purposes. In this phlebotomist job description, you’ll figure out some responsibilities and requirements of this job. The requirements have been set, so you can take a look in the description below. For those who’ll be qualified one, they need to do the duties of a phlebotomist. Without any further due, you can check the responsibilities and requirements.
The Responsibilities Of A Phlebotomist
If you imagine working as a phlebotomist, have you ever imagine what kind of duties do they work? Well, you can figure them out in the explanation below. Take a look and make notes if you feel some points are essential as a consideration.
1. Identify Patients Information
The first responsibility of a phlebotomist is identifying the patients’ information. You can identify their basic information and their needs by looking at their identity documents and medical check-up history. By doing this, you can determine the reason(s) of being blood drawn. Besides, you can keep the records of the patients updated.
2. Prepare Specimens
The other duty you must do is preparing specimens for transportation of the blood. Besides, a phlebotomist can analyze the blood specimens using the right testing equipment if needed. Then, you can select gauge needles for extracting the blood through fingersticks or venipuncture.
3. Maintain The Laboratory Equipment
A phlebotomist will maintain the laboratory equipment by cleaning after used equipment and testing of blood specimens, ordering laboratory supplies, noticing the physicians or other healthcare about the diagnostic of patients.
The Requirements In A Phlebotomist Job Description
In the previous section, you’ve known some responsibilities of a phlebotomist and now you can take a look at the requirements below. Don’t hesitate to take notes of the requirements to make it clear for you.
1. Have A Diploma Degree
When you want to apply for this position, you must have a diploma in phlebotomy. Also, you have to take a certification of NPA (National Phlebotomy Association) and/or American Society of Phlebotomy Technicians Inc.
2. Experience Working As A Phlebotomist
If you can prove that you’ve done this job before, you’ll have a bigger opportunity as a candidate. Besides, you must understand proper identification methods, legal requirements of drawing blood and using effective puncture techniques. On the other hand, you should know about handling specimen samples and using the right testing protocol and equipment.
3. Stay Curious To Every Detail
As a phlebotomist, you need to stay curious about every detail of patients because it’ll give a significant impact. Also, you need to have hand-eye coordination, so you can work more effectively.
What’s A Phlebotomist’s Job?
The job of this position is working with the patients directly to obtain blood specimens through several techniques for laboratory testing.
What Do You Need To Do Before Applying On This Position?
You must think twice if you want to apply as a phlebotomist.
What Will You Do The Most As A Phlebotomist?
A phlebotomist will draw the blood of patients, take specimen samples and transport it to the laboratory to test the blood.
Well, those are responsibilities and requirements in a phlebotomist job description. Hope all information above can help you to get a new insight into preparing everything. Be well!
- What Should You Know In The Mobile Phlebotomist Job Description?
- Clinical Technician Job Description: Understanding the Duties and Requirements
- Specimen Processor Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Healthcare Assistant Job Description: Getting To Know Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- 6+ Phlebotomy Resume
- Lab Technician Job Description: Knowing The Complete Detail Of Its Requirements And Responsibilities
- Sterile Processing Technician Job Description and Its Requirements
- Veterinary Technician Job Description – Things You Must Understand Before Applying
- Med Tech Job Description and Its Requirements
- Pathologist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Home Health Nurse Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Dental Receptionist Job Description: Getting To Know Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Nurse Anesthetist Job Description: Knowing Its Responsibilities And Requirements
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic Job Description: What To Know To Become A Heavy Equipment Mechanic
- Criminalist Job Description and Its FAQ
- Optometric Technician Job Description: What To Write To Become A Qualified Optometric Technician
- Key Holder Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Patient Care Technician Job Description – What Skills And Requirements Do You Need To Have?
- Veterinary Assistant Job Description: Finding Out The Responsibility And Requirement
- Respiratory Therapist Job Description – The Ultimate Requirements And Skills You Must Know
- Radiologist Job Description: Things To Underline To Become A Radiologist
- Patient Representative Job Description: Information About Your Future Career
- Dialysis Nurse Job Description: Things You Need To Prepare To Be A Dialysis Nurse
- Counselor Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Counselor
- 10+ Medical Assistant Resumes
- Care Manager Job Description: What You Need To Prepare To Become A Care Manager
- Handyman Job Description: Introducing The Responsibilities And Requirements
- Radiology Technician Job Description and Its FAQ
- ER Nurse Job Description: Get To Know The Duties And Requirements
- Director Of Sales Job Description: Introducing Its Responsibilities And Requirements