An OTR driver has an essential role in the company. They will transport cargo between the locations at a large distance. Besides, the essential duties for this OTR driver are like planning the routes, inspecting the vehicle before departure, and also respecting the rest time. Therefore, a company needs to create an OTR driver job description because it will help you to choose the best candidate for working.
The OTR driver job description design template
Looking for an OTR driver should be careful. You have to employ a hard-working and experienced OTR driver to transport the freight between various locations across the country. Besides, the OTR driver’s responsibilities are like obtaining customers’ signature upon the completion of each delivery and ensuring freight is properly secured for transportation.
Besides, an OTR driver also will notify the management of any freight damage sustained during transportation. Therefore, you need to ensure that the truck is labeled with the correct placard when transporting hazardous materials or oversized cargo.
To succeed in an OTR driver, you need to understand road safety regulations and capable to keep concentration for an extended period. Besides, the top candidate for this job is excellent time management and organizational skills.
The responsibilities of an OTR driver
As an OTR driver, you will have some responsibilities to do. Some OTR driver responsibilities descriptions are:
- Safely moving freight between various locations over
- Do truck inspections before and after each trip to make sure that all mechanical system is in good working order
- Maintain the company truck including washing and cleaning it and also changing the oil and the water
- Keep the logbook detailing the hours traveled, rest periods, miles covered as well as all fuel
- Reporting promptly any traffic violations, road accidents, and also vehicle breakdown management
- Notify the dispatcher and customer of any delay that is probably affecting the schedule
- Help the loading and unloading of freight into and off the company truck
- Observe and comply with all traffic regulation
- Examine the assigned vehicle regularly to identify any repair minor faults or major mechanical breakdown
- Make sure the safe transportation and delivery of freight to designated the location
The requirements of an OTR driver
Besides, an OTR driver also has some requirements to fulfill. Some OTR driver requirement descriptions are:
- High school diploma
- Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- A clean driving record
- Show an experience working as an OTR driver or Truck driver
- Capable to use road maps and GPS devices
- Understanding of road safety regulation
- Physical strength
- In-depth understanding of routes within the region
- Excellent communication skills
The OTR driver FAQs
What does an OTR driver do?
As in the OTR driver job description template, the OTR driver is a person who is responsible to drive the truck over long distances. They also will convey goods, raw materials, equipment, and also sometimes waste or chemicals between the terminals or location.
Can I edit the OTR driver job description here?
You also can edit any sample OTR driver job description here. The file is designed editable. it means that you can add or change any items of the detailed information in the OTR driver job description suitable with your needs easily.
- Dump Truck Driver Job Description and its FAQ template
- Truck Driver Job Description and Its FAQ
- Delivery Driver Job Description and Common Requirements
- What To Write In The Owner Operator Job Description
- Driver Job Description and Its Required Qualifications
- Shuttle Bus Driver Job Description: Finding Out More About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Taxi Driver Job Description and its requirements
- Tow Truck Operator Job Description: A Useful Guideline To Become A Tow Truck Operation
- Freight Broker Job Description and Its Requirements
- Chauffeur Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A Chauffeur
- Logistics Manager Job Description and its Requirements
- Fleet Manager Job Description: Things To Underline Before Writing The Fleet Manager Job Description
- Service Advisor Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Warehouse Manager Job Description – Important Things You Need To Know
- Forklift Operator Job Description and its requirements
- Lead Carpenter Job Description – What To Underline Before Applying
- Service Delivery Manager Job Description and FAQs
- Corporate Trainer Job Description and its Responsibilities
- What To Write In The Materials Manager Job Description
- Package Handler Job Description and great resume sample with its FAQ
- Shift Supervisor Job Description: Giving Information About Responsibilities And Requirements
- Dishwasher Job Description and FAQs Template
- Safety Officer Job Description and its Responsibilities
- Construction Inspector Job Description – The Keypoints To Understand To Be A Successful Candidate
- Probation Officer Job Description and its FAQ template
- School Bus Job Description: Things To Underline To Be A School Bus
- Production Manager Job Description and Its FAQ
- Driving Instructor Job Description: Requirements And Skills To Have As A Driving Instructor
- Material Handler Job Description and Various FAQs
- Lube Technician Job Description Template and Requirements